Before Your Move
- FIND A MOVER: IAM Mobility Exchange
- One advantage of using Mobility Exchange is that it lists and verifies capabilities of each company, as well as which professional designations and memberships it holds. Check to see if your moving company is a member of any of these associations or others. Membership generally means that a company has been vetted and found to be legitimate.
- HOW TO SELECT A MOVER
- Protect Your U.S. Interstate Move
- Are you moving from one state to another? The U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) can help protect your life's memories and help you move with confidence. Go to ProtectYourMove.Gov to access best practices on how to select a mover
- Protect Your International Move
- Are you moving to or from the US? Here are some tips to protect your property from the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) which regulates international movers in the US. Click to learn more how the FMC Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services (CADRS) helps to protect your international move.