IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Trucking Industry Concerned About NAFTA Ending
The North American Free Trade Agreement became a critical component in the national economy when it was implemented in 1994. The trade deal is now facing major changes as partner countries rework its many provisions – a process that has been marred by contentious negotiations and a possible pullout by the United States.
Qatar: Traffic at ports doubles post siege
Ports in Qatar have witnessed steep rise in the number of ships coming to Qatari waters since illegal blockade. The number of vessels coming to ports every month after siege has almost doubled, showing the strength Qatar’s growing maritime trade.
Schiphol artificially restricting airport cargo capacity with 'illegal' slot rules
An aviation lawyer has branded Schiphol’s slot legislation “illegal” and “anti-competitive”, claiming the Dutch gateway is artificially restricting capacity.
Adelaide to accommodate larger vessels
Flinders Ports announced that South Australia’s Adelaide Outer Harbor Channel will undergo a project to remove 1.55 million cubic metres of material from the shipping channel and place it 30km offshore.
Registration now open for IAM's DOD European Workshop
The International Association of Movers, working in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), will hold a DOD/Industry European Workshop in Mannheim, Germany March 21-22, 2018.
The Portal's Jan/Feb Issue: IN A PREVIOUS LIFE ...
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Remembering a Proud but Humble Man
- PORTAL FOCUS: IN A PREVIOUS LIFE ...
- Contributors: Mario M. Amato, Nancy Billingsley, Gadi Binness, Doris Bourne, Austen G. Chamberlain, Thomas Colucci, Anish Dsouza, Johanna Lindström, Abhilash Nair, Brenda Naylor, Boris Populoh, Ramiro Quiros, Carl Weaver, Eric Wildhaber, Woody Zobel
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- IAM Establishes a New Scholarship Honoring Jackie Agner
- Recruiting the Next Generation of Movers / Yvonne Toegel
- YMC2018: A Gathering You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Military/Government Update
- A Review: 20 Key Issues from 2017 / Charles L. White
- Friend of Industry Donna M. Jack Retires
- IAM Governing Member Profile: Execu-move
- IAM Looking Back
- 1978: What a Year! / Rick Curry
- Portal Profile
- Brytor International Moving Transitions to New Ownership / Joyce Dexter
- Going Green
- Executive Suite
- The Portal Special Report: Participation, Value and Satisfaction / William Kohudic
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC