Hall of Honor Nomination Guidelines
PURPOSE: To fully recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the Association and/or have had a profound effect on the moving, transportation, forwarding, or relocation industries.
ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES INCLUDE:
- Participants of the transportation, moving, forwarding, and/or relocation and shipping industries
- Individuals who have served as clients and/or customers of the industry
- Other individuals as deemed appropriate by the IAM Selection Committee and IAM Executive Committee
- IAM members, both past and present, as well as non-members
ELIGIBILITY FOR NOMINATION:
- Nominees must have made a major contribution to one of the related industries. Contributions may include acts, deeds, or achievements such as:
- Acts of kindness, charity, and/or heroic action
- Creation and/or development of new technologies, products, programs and services that benefit the industry and/or the IAM membership
- Development of policies and procedures that benefit the industry and/or IAM membership (i.e., training, safety, modernization, public relations, equal opportunity, etc.)
- Other characteristics deemed important and worthy of recognition as determined by the HoH Selection and IAM Executive Committees
- Nominees must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in one of the acknowledged industries.
- Nominees may be living or deceased.
- Members of the HoH Selection Committee are not eligible for nomination and induction while serving.
- Nominees may not be self-nominated.
Nominees will be solicited from the full IAM Membership (past or present) along with clients or customers via The Portal magazine. Submit the IAM Hall of Honor Nomination Form by the designated submission dead line date of April 1 each year. Incomplete Nomination Forms, non-historical documentation (i.e., letters of endorsement), or forms submitted after the deadline date will not be considered for selection.
HoH SELECTION COMMITTEE:
The HoH Selection Committee is comprised of a balanced group of participants from the following groups:
- Premier, Core, Value, Industry Veteran, and YP-35 memberships of IAM
- Broad global geographic representation
- At least one representative from the IAM Executive Committee and the Core Members Management Board
- Committee members are appointed to serve a minimum of three to five years
The Selection Committee will advise the IAM President of all recommended inductees by June 1. Following formal acceptance by the IAM Executive Committee, all inductee names will be published in The Portal magazine and subsequently posted on the Association’s website.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM NUMBER OF INDUCTEES:
The Hall of Honor Selection Committee has determined that the three candidates who receive the highest scores during voting will be automatically recommended to the IAM Executive Committee for HoH induction. In addition, the Selection Committee can recommend induction for up to two additional candidates when there are equally meritorious candidates.
Announcement and the induction ceremony will occur each year during the IAM Annual Meeting.
Recipients will be recognized by award with per manent enshrinement in the IAM Hall of Honor and will be acknowledged in The Portal magazine, on the Association’s website, and in other publications.
Call for Nominations
Help IAM recognize the true founders and leaders of the moving industry by nominating a deserving candidate for induction into the Hall of Honor. Nominations may be submitted by any IAM member, client, or customer. The awards will be presented in October during the IAM Annual Meeting.
- A separate Nomination Form must be submitted for each nominee.
- Companies are not eligible for induction.
- Nomination Forms are not submitted for specific categories of nominees.
The Selection Committee will consider all duly completed nomination forms. Complete nominations include the nominee’s name and current professional affiliation and the reasons for making the nomination. Nominations must be received at the IAM office no later than April 1. The current Nomination Form can be found on the Association’s website.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.