IAM Podcast: Sept. 4, 2020
Host Carl Weaver is joined by Julia O'Connor, IAM's Director of Membership, & Database Management. They discuss a number of topics, including upcoming elections at the Annual Meeting; how to get more involved with the association; denied membership applications; various new members, including Hilldrup International, which just registered seven new locations as members; the power of analytics from Mobility Exchange and how members are using data to make important business decisions; and the opportunities that about at the Annual Meeting.
Carl also reports on the Annual Meeting Early Adopter rate, which is extended through Sept. 7; members receiving solicitations to buy attendee data, which is NOT coming from IAM; recipients of the Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund; and the historically large patronage dividend paid out by the International Shippers Association (ISA).
IAM Podcast: Sept. 1, 2020
Dan Bradley talks about various government and military issues, including:
- J9 will continue the weekly Peak Season calls into November, due to the disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- DoD continues to predict capacity demands above the three-year average into the Fall.
- J9 reports that CSS reports are down. IAM has heard that some customers have had trouble submitting their surveys, and this could be why. The good side is that CSS scores are higher than normal.
- IAM submitted proposed business rules to J9, gathered from industry.
- J9 recently released a spacial solicitation for traffic to and from Okinawa, Hawaii, and Spain, intending to supply those routes to a single-source provider.
- IAM is standing up an effort to handle the needs of the U.S. Domestic Asset-Based movers. You will hear more about DAB in the future and IAM already has quite a bit of programming for this group at the Virtual Annual Meeting Oct. 21-23.
- The Virtual Annual Meeting early adopter discount has been extended through Sept. 7.
IAM Podcast: August 21, 2020
- Annual Meeting Early Adopters Save Big! - it has never made more sense than now to be an exhibitor or attendee. Big savings over an in-person event. Register before Sept. 1 to take advantage of the savings.
- What? You Missed It? - Hear about upcoming and on-demand sessions from IAM Learning.
- American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) joins the American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Two IAM Members Expelled
- Ziegler Relocation Undergoing Liquidation
- August's Prospective Members: Where They Do Business
- Alleged Debtor List
- AGM Group Buys Bishops Move