Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - May/Jun 2018
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- What Spring Has Sprung
- PORTAL FOCUS: THE MIDDLE EAST
- War and Peace: A Region of Peril and Promise / Joyce Dexter
- Contributors: Bliss Corporation • La Levantine • GIFCO • Transclal • Infinity Pack & Ship • Jordanian Coast Cargo • Darwish Logistics • DHL Global Forwarding • Paxton International • Move One Logistics • Innovation Mobility • AGS • Interem • Intemove Egypt • ISS Worldwide Movers • Attica Movers S.A.
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- DP3 on the Cusp of a New Chapter / Charles L. White
- IAM Looking Back
- 1978: Competitive Rate Program Changes in the International Moving Industry / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Understanding Data Analytics in the Moving Industry / Ray da Silva
- Global Movers and GDPR: What You Need to Know / Sebastien Deschamps
- Unpaid Invoice Compensation Payments for RPP in 2017 / Brian Limperopulos
- The Rise of Aggregators: How Movers Can Fight Back / Matthew Woodley
- From Brussels to Bangui and Back Again / Anne Van Giles
- Short-Paying Invoices: Is it Ethical? / Rick Curry and Brian Limperopulos
- Small Business
- How Small Businesses Can Compete with Large Companies / Roumen Todorov
- The Struggles of Finding Labor / Jason Hopkins
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Coming Up in The Portal
In every issue of The Portal, we invite our authors to share their experiences, success stories, learning experiences, and vision with others in the moving and forwarding industry. In addition to our regular columns, feature articles for each issue are united by a central theme.
Visit our Coming Up In The Portal page to read about upcoming themes and deadlines for the next issue of the magazine, and return often, as it will change regularly.
Our Guidelines for Submitting page details regular columns to which you may submit articles and news, as well as our submission guidelines and instructions.
Our Editorial Calendar will give you a glance further into the themes of future issues.
See All Issues