Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - May/Jun 2020
- WHITE NOISE
- Apart, Together / Charles L. White
- PORTAL FOCUS: COVID-19 RESPONSE
- IAM Members Respond to COVID-19 Crisis with Creativity, Resilience / Will Kohudic
- Assessment of the Current State of Moving / Bryan Bloom
- COVID-19 Review: State of the Industry and the Association / Brian Limperopulos
- China Perspective: Six Tips for Removals Managers / Thomas Coupat
- IAM RECEIVABLE PROTECTION PROGRAM (RPP)
- Tracking the Effectiveness of the RPP / Brian Limperopulos
- IAM YOUNG PROFESSIONALS (IAM-YP)
- Socializing in the Time of Coronavirus / Matthieu Odijk and Catherina Stier
- MILITARY/GOVERNMENT UPDATE
- Black Swans—Preparing for the Unpredictable / Daniel J. Bradley
- IAM LOOKING BACK
- 1988—HHGFAA Membership Reacts to MTMC’s Elimination of Me-Too Rates / Rick Curry
- IAM LEARNING UPDATE
- Professional Image / Ray daSilva
- IAM MOBILITY EXCHANGE UPDATES (IAMX)
- IAMX Validation—the Next Evolution / Ray daSilva
- EXECUTIVE SUITE
- Talking About Moving in the Age of Social Media / Bliss interviews Simone De Cesaris
- IMA CONFERENCE 2020
- In Before the Outbreak: IAM Members Attend 2020 IMA Conference in Cambodia
- USTRANSCOM CONTRACT AWARDED
- USTRANSCOM Awards Global Household Goods Contract
- INDUSTRY NEWS
- WASHINGTON UPDATE
- COVID-19 Restrictions Broadly Impact Household Goods Moving Industry / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Coming Up in The Portal
In every issue of The Portal, we invite our authors to share their experiences, success stories, learning experiences, and vision with others in the moving and forwarding industry. In addition to our regular columns, feature articles for each issue are united by a central theme.
Visit our Coming Up In The Portal page to read about upcoming themes and deadlines for the next issue of the magazine, and return often, as it will change regularly.
Our Guidelines for Submitting page details regular columns to which you may submit articles and news, as well as our submission guidelines and instructions.
Our Editorial Calendar will give you a glance further into the themes of future issues.
Send your submission to Portal editor Will Kohudic at email@example.com.See All Issues