Country Guide: Haiti
Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Find movers in Haiti now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / airway bill (AWB)
- Packing list in English or French
- Listing of imported items with estimated value
- Document acknowledging diplomat status / passport / Carte du Protocole from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- Correspondence from the Haitian Consulate certifying that the consignee is a returning citizen
- Copy of Haitian ID (Matricule Fiscale) (returning citizen)
- Shipments for diplomats and returning citizens are exempt from taxes.
- Duties generally apply to non - citizens entering Haiti for purposes of employment, especially if there are new items contained in the shipment.
- Original title
- Original purchase invoice
- Original bill of lading
- Most terminals require an approximate USD 300.00 deposit for all used vehicles transiting through their facility.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinary health certificate must not be issued more than 7 days prior to arrival.
- Dogs older than 3 months require an additional rabies vaccination certificate more than 21 days prior to arrival but not more than 11 months.
- Parrots and macaws cannot be imported.
- Wood (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Meat (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Chemicals (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Medicines (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Sporting firearms (permit from a consul of Haiti is required)
- Firearms (other than sporting guns)
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.