Country Guide: Guinea
Find movers in Guinea now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / no express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Original valued inventory in French, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Resident permit / work permit / letter of employment
- Moving certificate or change of residence document
- International cargo tracking note (ICTN), for all full container load (FCL) shipments
- Customs export declaration
- Tax ID Document (Code NIF)
- All documents must be provided to agent 2 weeks before arrival of the shipment to obtain duty- free clearance.
- Customs levies an "RTL Tax" or 2% of cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value, with a minimum of 300.000 GNF (approximately 30 Euro), applicable to all shipments.
- Taxes on new goods may be as high as 38-45% of the CIF value, depending on the nature of the goods if the cosignee does not have tax exemption facilities.
- The diplomatic organization must apply for diplomatic privileges on the shipment, which may take several weeks for approval by Customs; documents must be supplied to agent at least 3 weeks prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Original registration card
- Change of residence certificate
- Copy of passport
- Copy of purchase invoice for new vehicles
- The taxes for motor vehicles will depend on the age, power etc. and is up to 45% of the CIF.
- All Embassies and diplomatic Organisation should be RPA-Administrative fees GNF 800.000 . The Others Oraganisation should be paid RTL 2% and TVA 18%
- Veterinary health certificate
- Vaccination record
- Documents must be issued at point of origin.
- Duties on cars are 53% of the CIF value.
- Computers, printers, scanner are not considered as personal effects and are subject to duties and taxes (32.01% CIF value).
- Only 1 opened bottle of alcoholic beverage can be imported duty free.
- The following items can be imported duty free within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (1000), cigars (250), tobacco (1000 g)
- Firearms and ammunition
- Illegal drugs
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook Entry for Guinea
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.