Country Guide: Macedonia
Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Find movers in Macedonia now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
Documents Required for Non diplomatic moves
- Copy of passport
- Macedonian ID card (temporary acceptable)
- Pro-forma invoice
- Request for temporary import (issued from the employer in Macedonia for Customs)
- Letter of employment (must show duration of stay)
- Detailed packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / convention marchandises routiers (CMR) / air waybill (AWB)
- Lease agreement, including address of temporary residence
- Import permit for certain items mentioned below
- Customs export declaration from previous export (returning residents)
- Import protocol from Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Diplomatic ID card (diplomats)
- An import permit from the Ministry of Environment is required for electronic items such as televisions, DVD players, and refrigerators.
- Food items, drinks, and pharmaceuticals will generate Customs inspections and require an import permit will be required.
- It is strongly advised that non-diplomats do not ship these items.
- Food items must be sent separate from household goods and personal effects.
- Import duties and taxes calculation for non-diplomatic moves:
- Declared value of the goods + cost for transport x 25% = DUTIES
- On this total amount (value + transport + 25% duties) +18% = VAT
- VAT + duties = total import duties and taxes
- Original registration card
- Original sales certificate / purchase invoice
- Certificate for standard EUR 3
- OBL / CMR / AWB
- Vehicles must be less than 10 years old and in the possession of the owner of the goods at the time of importation.
- All vehicles must be equipped with catalyst system.
- The taxes for non-diplomat shipments and temporary import are charged at the same rate as personal effects (3% of total calculated taxes per month); a bank guarantee is required.
- The details of the vehicle must be shown on the OBL (model, type number of chassis, vehicle identification number, type of fuel, year of production, engine capacity, number of doors, color, engine number, etc.).
- An import permit from the Ministry of Environment is required for electronic items such as televisions, DVD players, printers, laptops, ice conditioning, and refrigerators.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Owner’s passport copy
- Pet’s passport
- Health certificate
- Vaccination record must include up to date vaccines and microchip number.
- Rabies vaccine has to be at least 30 days and maximum of 12 months old at time of travel.
- 30 days after rabies vaccination a rabies blood test has to be arranged and rabies blood test (RNATT) certificate obtained.
- The test must be carried out on a sample collected by an authorized veterinarian at least 30 days after the date of vaccination and not less than 3 months before the date of movement.
- The test must measure a level of neutralizing antibody to rabies virus in serum equal to or greater than 0.5 IU/ml;
- The test must be performed in an approved laboratory.
- Documents must show that animal is free from infection or contamination.
- Microchips must be implanted before rabies vaccination.
- Full duties are payable on imports of food items and drinks.
- Percentages depend on the type of food or drink.
- Animal based products such as cheese, etc. (permission is required)
- The following items may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Distilled alcoholic beverages over 22% (1 L)
- Distilled alcoholic beverages under 22% (2 L)
- Wine (2 L)
- Perfume (50 ml)
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition
- Plant and plant products (permission is required)
- Animals and animal products (permission is required)
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit goods
- More than 1 L alcohol for non-diplomatic shipments
- Cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos for non-diplomatic shipments
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook Entry for Macedonia
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.