Country Guide: Moldova
Find movers in Moldova now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Detailed inventory
- Pro-forma invoice
- Moldovan identification (returning citizens)
- Moldovan Resident Permit (immigrants)
- Resident permit / work permit (temporary imports)
- Letter of employment (temporary imports)
- Diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Accreditation card (diplomats)
- The letter of employment must confirm the length of the contract in Moldova as guarantee for any temporary import.
- For surface shipments for returning citizens with a residence address in Chisinau, the shipment will be brought in Chisinau for Customs clearance.
- The goods will be inspected and estimated / valued by a Customs officer.
- If the goods were not exported temporarily, the shipment is subject to value added tax (VAT) of approximately 20%.
- Duties are approximately 0%-15% for new furniture from the estimated value.
- For surface shipments for immigrants, the import in Moldova is duty free for one time import.
- Title / registration
- Original bill of lading
- Cars are subject to duties.
- Vehicles older than 10 years cannot be imported.
- Diplomats may not import a motor vehicle until the accreditation card from the Moldovan Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been issued.
- For temporary import of a personal automobile, the owner of the goods must register the vehicle in the origin country.
- A fee of approximately EUR 95 will be collected by the Customs office for a temporary import.
- Duty-free import is done on a temporary basis of no longer than 12 months.
- However, the temporary import can be extended each year or when the owner of the goods’ resident permit expires and a new one is obtained.
- If the temporary import is not extended, the import file is sent to the contraband / smuggling department of the Customs office.
Note: Contact the destination agent for information.
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (50), cigars (50)
- Leather goods (purses, etc.) and knitwear (3 items)
- Shoes (2 pairs)
- Tape recorders, audio players, etc. (1 total)
- Video recording or reproducing devices (1 item)
- Alcohol (1 bottle), malt beer (5 L)
- Watches (3 items)
- Perfume (quantity for personal use only)
- Customs can prohibit the entry of certain goods or transport items which endanger or compromise the following:
- State security and public and moral order
- Environmental protection
- Protection of art objects and objects of historical / archeological value
- Intellectual property rights
- Domestic market
- Public interests
- Animal products
- Pornographic or subversive materials
- Perishable food items
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook Entry for Moldova
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.