Country Guide: Swaziland
Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Updated: November 18, 2016
Find movers in Swaziland now!
Find a foreign embassy in Swaziland
Find Swaziland's embassies in other countries
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport showing the entry permit
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB) - no express release accepted
- Original inventory
- Residence permit / work permit
- CE 101 form
- DA65 or NEP form (returning citizens)
- Original inventory in English dated, valued, and signed by the owner of the goods.
- There is no tax on used household goods, and 14% charged on new goods.
- To re-enter with items without serial numbers, citizens must have DA65 or NEP forms completed upon departure from Swaziland; otherwise, the goods may be detained for proof of local purchase upon re-entry.
- Original registration card
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Purchase invoice
- DA 304A form
- Interpol clearance
- Import certificate
- If the vehicle has been owned and used by the owner of the goods for more than 12 months, no duties are applicable; if not, then 14% will be levied.
- Only 1 car per owner of the goods is allowed; additional cars will have duties levied on them.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Transit permit
- Import permit
- Pets must travel as manifested cargo.
- Documents must accompany pets.
- Vaccination record must show pets vaccinated at least 30 days prior to import, but not more than 6 months, issued in the country of origin.
- Veterinary health certificate must be signed, stamped, and dated within 5 days of import.
- For firearms and ammunitions, authorization from the Firearms Licensing Board is required.
- Alcohol - 1 bottle and duties of 14%
- Cosmetic creams require registration Ministry of Health
- The following items may qualify for free import:
- Cigarettes (400), cigars (50), tobacco (250 g)
- Perfume (10 fl. oz.)
- Unlawful drugs
- Local currency
- Potassium bromides
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.