Country Guide: Tajikistan
Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Find movers in Tajikistan now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa (diplomats and foreigners)
- Letter of employment
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Diplomatic card (diplomats)
- Do not send insurance or any other documents showing the value of household goods and personal effects with the shipment to avoid the payment of heavy import duties.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa (foreigners)
- Copy of diplomatic card (diplomats)
- Employment confirmation (foreigners)
- OBL / AWB
- Pro-forma invoice
- Original technical passport
- Vehicles can be imported duty free on a temporary basis.
- Permanent import is subject to tax and duty per Customs tariff.
- Certificate of vaccination
- Veterinary health certificate
- Permission from the embassy required.
- Wine and spirits for personal consumption (2 L per person)
- The following items may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (500g)
- Weapons of all kinds
- Toxic and radioactive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.