Country Guide: Trinidad and Tobago
Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Updated: November 18, 2016
Find movers in Trinidad and Tobago now!
Find a foreign embassy in Trinidad and Tobago
Find Trinidad and Tobago's embassies in other countries
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Copy of bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of work permit, if applicable
- Detailed inventory
- Affidavit of returning resident (returning residents)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs forms (diplomats)
- Diplomatic franchise (diplomats)
- Importer Registration (N number)
- Valued listing of new items (less than 1 year old)
- An import license is required for appliances that contain refrigerant gas (e.g., refrigerator, etc.).
- Certified copy of title / registration
- Import license
- Copy of OBL
- The owner of the goods must apply for the import license prior to clearance of the vehicle.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit
- The veterinary health certificate must be obtained from a veterinarian at origin.
- The import permit must be obtained upon entry.
- Weapons, including firearms, swords, etc. (require permission from the Police Commissioner of Trinidad and Tobago)
- New items less than 12 months old
- Alcohol (1 q.)
- Cigarettes - persons over 17 years or older (200), cigars (50), loose tobacco (1/2 lb.)
- Building materials (e.g., tiles)
- Communications equipment such as CB radios, walkie-talkies, etc.
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.