Country Guide: Bermuda
Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Find movers in Bermuda now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Work permit (non-Bermudian)
- Transfer of residence allowance (TRA)
- Customs traveler declaration form 98 (CTD)
- CAPS registration
- Cash valuation sheet
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory list
- The TRA is good for 90 days from issuance.
- Bermudian citizens returning to Bermuda must be able to prove time lived abroad for a minimum of 12 months in order to import their household goods duty free.
- Transport Control Department (TCD)
- OBL / AWB
- Bill of sale
- Certificate of title
- Overseas vehicle registration
- Owner’s manual
- To import a motor vehicle, the owner of the goods must be the original owner and have owned the vehicle within the 6 months prior to import.
- The TCD must be presented with the vehicle specifications for approval.
- The owner must provide the Transport Control Department the specific details of the vehicle including: make, model, curb weight, & horsepower.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit issued by the Bermuda Department of Environmental Protection
- The vaccination record must show the animal has received at least two rabies vaccinations:
- The first after the age of 3 months,
- The second between 6-12 months, and with no significant lapses in vaccinations.
- The most recent vaccination must be given within 30 days and not more than 12 months prior to arrival.
- Vaccinations must be given by a licensed veterinarian.
- The vaccination record and veterinary health certificate must be dated and signed by a licensed veterinarian, showing veterinarian name, facility address, and telephone number.
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued within 10 days of import and must state that animal if free from communicable disease and external parasites; the name, date of birth, breed, description, owner’s name, owner’s name and address, and microchip identification of the pet must also be included.
- Certain restrictions apply for animals arriving from specific countries; contact agent for complete details.
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (0.5 kg)
- Spirits and wine (1 L each); amounts above 1 L are charged duties of 25% of the value
- Weapons and ammunition
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit items
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook Entry for Bermuda
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.