Submit Your Story to the Portal
Guidelines for Submitting Your Story to the Portal Magazine
In every issue of the Portal, we invite our authors to share their experiences, success stories, learning experiences, and vision with others in the moving and forwarding industry. In addition to our regular columns, feature articles for each issue are united by a central theme. Visit our Coming Up In the Portal page to read about upcoming themes and deadlines for the next issue of the magazine, and return often, as it will change regularly. Our editorial calendar will give you a glance further into future issues.
Here is a list of our regular and semi-regular columns, for which we welcome submissions at any time:
- Portal Focus: Themes and issues explored by and for Portal readers, with input and insights from IAM members around the world.
- IAM-YP: A section devoted to the young movers and Millennials who are the industry’s rising stars and future leaders.
- IAM Looking Back: Remembering the early years of the Association and the people who built it, marking its milestones in stories and photos.
- Executive Suite: Best practices for your business and the industry by thought leaders among our IAM membership.
- Movers Doing Good: Honoring IAM members who give back to their communities, employees and planet.
- TechNotes: A timely exploration of technological developments that make the moving process more reliable and efficient for both IAM members and their clients.
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping: A spotlight on IAM members and government agencies that work together to make overseas commerce safe and efficient.
- Industry News: The people and companies who shape today’s moving industry.
Before you submit:
- Make sure you include the company name, your name and title (especially important if you're attaching a word document).
- Be sure that any photos you provide are high-resolution digital photos; cell phone photos at original size are usually acceptable.
- If you send photos, be sure to include a caption, including identities of company employees being depicted.
- Finally, don't forget to include an e-mail address for someone we can contact if we have any questions.
Send your submissions to Portal editor Will Kohudic.