Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund
Applications are due by June 1!
The Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund (AFWSF) is the cornerstone of the International Association of Movers’ scholastic assistance initiative. Named for distinguished Association founder and General Counsel Emeritus Alan F. Wohlstetter, the fund benefits the employees of IAM member companies and their dependents, as well as students.
Since its launch in 2002, the AFW Scholarship Fund has awarded more than 80 scholarships of US$5,000 each.
Students receiving tuition assistance from the Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund come from different countries, cultures, companies, and backgrounds but their commitment to learning and their goals for the future are surprisingly similar—acquiring leadership skills, advancing along their chosen career paths, managing a company, someday owning their own businesses. An award from the AFW Scholarship Fund can help them realize those goals.
At the time of filing his or her application, the student must have completed 45 semester hours of study at a regionally accredited college or university and/or worked in the transportation industry for one year prior to applying. Scholarships are available for study in the USA and overseas.
Funding for the scholarships comes almost exclusively from generous IAM members, who support the AFW Scholarship Fund through company sponsorships and individual contributions. Those interested in supporting the Fund may contact Donald Goldberg, chair of the AFWSF Fundraising Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Benefits of Making a Gift
The benefits of making a gift to the Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund include:
- The opportunity to support the future of our industry, as well as the students who benefit from the scholarship.
- Your name/company name listed in The Portal magazine for a year from the date of donation
- Your name/company name displayed prominently during the IAM Annual Convention.
- Your name/company name acknowledged during the Membership Breakfast at the IAM Annual Convention
- For a gift of $2500 or more, a reserved table for 10 at the IAM Annual Meeting Breakfast (table centrally located in the front of the ballroom).
- A potential tax deduction (consult your local tax professional).
|Celine Akaliza||Student Member|
|Charlotte Long||Arrowdene Moving & Storage|
|Mafube Ranthimo||Student Member|
|Nicholas Jones||Total Military Management|
|Roman Mahut||Student Member|
|Ryan Aubin||Total Military Management|