IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Truckers applaud move to revert to pre-2013 Hours of Service regulations
American Trucking Associations President and CEO Chris Spear praised the inclusion of a permanent hours-of-service restart fix in Congress’ bipartisan Continuing Resolution (CR) regarding budget funding in a House Appropriations Committee action to keep the federal government funded through April 17, 2017.
Crunch Time Approaching Fast for Ports and Terminals as Shipping Alliances Look to Cut Costs
The next big losers in the shipping industry crisis are likely to be ports and terminals, leading to a decline in safety and services. This week, at TOC Middle East, shippers, analysts and forwarders urged the sector to halt the price race-to-the-bottom across the supply chain, to protect the remaining players.
American Airlines launches new Dallas-Madrid 787-9 service
American Airlines announced the launch of a new 787-9 service between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Madrid Barajas (MAD) in Spain. The widebody jet provides capacity for up to 36 LD3 positions, or 12 pallets.
AeroUnion begins freighter service to Miami
As it continues an ambitious infrastructure upgrade, Miami International Airport (MIA) announced further growth in its freighter service with the addition of two weekly roundtrip flights on a triangular route between MIA, Mexico City and Mérida via AeroUnion. The service from the Mexico-based carrier, which departs every Tuesday and Friday, began on Dec. 2, making AeroUnion the fourth all-cargo carrier to begin service at MIA in 2016.
China Eastern to offload loss making China Cargo Airlines
China Eastern Airlines will sell its shareholding in freighter operator China Cargo Airlines on the back of continuing losses and to allow it to concentrate on its passenger business.
The Portal's Sep/Oct Issue: IAM 54th Annual Meeting
PORTAL FOCUS: IAM 54th ANNUAL MEETING
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Sell or Cell: How’s That Spelled?
- Meet the Candidates
- IAM By-Law Amendments and/or Revisions
- Notice of Proposed IAM-YP By-law Amendments and/or Revisions
- Knowledge Lab: Tentative Schedule
- Knowledge Lab Presenters
- The Future Foretold
- IAM Hall of Honor Inductees
- Parades and Food ... and All That Jazz
- IAM Annual Meeting Exhibitors
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update / Charles L. White
- TRENDS IN MARKETING & MESSAGING
- From “First Date” to Customer for Life / Joyce Dexter
- FIDI’s Focus on Content / Jesse Van Sas
- Modern Communication Tools That Can Help Your Business Grow / Maia Marchionatto
- Engage the Customer to Close the Sale / Nikhil Ohri
- Portal to Asia / Rob Faraone
- Risk Management
- The Insurance Act of 2015: What Does it Mean? / John Luker
- Trade Credit Insurance: Who Needs It and How It Works / Kelly Moran
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- You May Need to be Registered or Licensed with the FMC / Brian Limperopulos
- C-TPAT: The Value of the “P” / Laura May Carmack
- IAM Looking Back
- Landmark Decision: ICC Approves Operations of Exempt Freight Forwarders / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Know the Legalities of Your Business and Industry / Ajithkumar
- Movers Doing Good