IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
JK Moving Services Holds Ribbon-Cutting for New Facility
IAM member company JK Moving Services held an open house on Wednesday, January 18, to celebrate the opening of its new 75,000 square foot warehouse facility in Sterling, Virginia.
UK forwarders want more detail on Brexit plan
The British International Freight Association (Bifa) has said freight is "none the wiser" after the UK prime minister outlined the government's plan for leaving the European Union.
The automation of work: How will trucking cope?
We all know that many observers expect autonomous technology to help alleviate the truck driver shortage, at least to a degree, but how will it affect other trucking jobs like dispatching? Load planning? Could they be automated as well?
Difficult ice conditions trap convoy of four vessels
A convoy of two bulk carriers and two icebreakers has been stuck in the ice off the coast of Chukotka Peninsula, according to Russian Emergencies Ministry’s Directorate.
First China – Britain freight train arrives in London
The first container train from China to Britain arrived at DB Cargo’s London Eurohub terminal in Barking on schedule on January 18, having left Yiwu in the eastern Chinese province of Zhejiang, southeast of Shanghai on 1 January.
The Portal's Sep/Oct Issue: IAM 54th Annual Meeting
PORTAL FOCUS: IAM 54th ANNUAL MEETING
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Look Both Ways ...
- Unmasking the Future of Global Moving & Mobility: Getting Busy in the Big Easy / Janet Seely
- PORTAL PROFILE
- Antonio Tremols Leads PAIMA—The Association with a Latin Beat / Joyce Dexter
- PORTAL PROFILE
- IMC: Strengthening Networks in the Asian Region
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Setting Your Own Path: Advice from an Entrepreneur / Jimmy Bruzzese
- Military/Government Update
- IAM 54th Annual Meeting Military & Government Summary / Charles L. White
- Risk Management
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- IAM Looking Back
- The Journey Continues / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Major U.S. Customs Change Takes Effect January 1, 2017 / Tony Tickner
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC