IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Panama inaugurates expanded Canal
The $5 billion project of Panama’s waterway expansion officially opened, when the first vessel sailed through on Sunday, June 26. The COSCO Neopanamax vessel made the inaugural transit of the Expanded Panama Canal after a 14-day journey. The widening of the canal was initially mooted about 102 years ago, before the second world war.But as ships grew in size, the canal faced a rising pressure to expand.
Heathrow pushes case for expansion following EU vote
Heathrow Airport has pushed its case for expansion following the UK’s vote to leave the European Union (EU) and with the possibility of a Heathow-expansion sceptic becoming the next prime minister. Shortly after the result of the vote was announced, the airport emphasised the importance of its expansion for UK businesses.
Signs of post-Brexit turbulence ahead for U.K. airfreight
Shortly after the last votes were counted last Thursday, favoring the U.K.’s exit from the European Union by a margin of 52 percent to 48 percent, a slew of graphs appeared online parsing out the nuances of the complicated event. Examined in conjunction, the numbers uncovered some startling trends – most of them troubling for the now-independent island nation over the next few years.
Dutch plan 'driverless' freight train trial
Dutch infrastructure manager Prorail confirmed at this week's TEN-T Days conference in Rotterdam that it is planning to trial automated operation of freight trains on the Betuweroute dedicated freight line, which links Rotterdam with the German border near Emmerich.
Enlarged Panama Canal expected to boost US-Asia trade
With its capacity boosted by nearly three times, Panama’s enlarged canal — set to be inaugurated on Sunday — is expected to stimulate trade between the United States and Asia, and steal business from the rival Suez Canal.
The Portal's May/Jun Issue: Hard Lifting in Hard Times
HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Desperate Times = Desperate Moves
PORTAL FOCUS: HARD LIFTING
- Hard Lifting in Hard Times / Joyce Dexter
- Companies featured: Concorde World Wide Movers (11) • Mudanzas Clara del Rey (11) • HudHud Worldwide Logistis (12) • Deminter International Movers (14) • Reason Global (14) Move One (16) • Paxton International (26) • Worldwide Movers Africa (31)
- An Overview of War Risk Insurance for Cargo / Boris Populoh and Susy Castellanos
IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- IAM HappYPlanet
- 2016 Young Movers Conference Sets Attendance Record
- 2016 Peak Season Issues / Charles L. White
Portal to Asia
- Meeting Today’s Challenges with Foresight and Compassion / Rob Faraone
IAM Looking Back
- The Beginning / Rick Curry
- Contracts for International Cooperation: The Time Has Come / Philip Gordon
- IAM Attends FMCSA’s 2016 National Moving Fraud Conference / Brian Limperopulos
- Is the International Removals Industry Suffering from Commoditization ... or Benefiting from It? / Hermes Jordan
Movers Doing Good
IAM President Serves on SOLAS Panel at FIDI’s Annual Conference
Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC