IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
E-AWB usage returns to growth
The use of electronic air waybills (e-AWB) picked up again in April after a surprising drop off in March. The latest statistics from IATA show that e-AWB penetration reached 38.3% in April, up 1.2 percentage points compared with March figures.
Cyber shipping to be discussed at SMM Summit
The 2016 SMM Hamburg trade show will be dedicated to the role of autonomous ships and digitalisation in the future of shipping.The Maritime Future Summit , industry leaders will discuss the future of shipping.
The Risk Of Iranian Terror: The Straits Of Hormuz In Danger
General Hossein Salami, deputy commander of Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard, recently said Iranian forces will close the Strait of Hormuz if the United States “threatens” Iran. In the past, similar threats by Iran have largely been dismissed. Why? Because America and its allies believe the presence of a strong U.S. navy in the region makes such threats empty. But should the threat now be taken seriously? Unfortunately, the U.S Navy’s ability to keep the Strait open is weaker than in the recent past, and Iranian military capabilities are measurably stronger.
Russia Eyes Thessaloniki Port Privatization
The privatization of the second biggest Greek port of Thessaloniki seems to have sparked interest in Russia, as the country’s President voiced intention to bid for the port.
Regulations: A boon to trucking?
Could the wide sweep of current and proposed regulatory initiatives now blanketing trucking actually help the industry achieve better long-term positioning on freight rates? That seemed to be the conclusion of more than a few of the speakers at the ALK 2016 Technology Summit held in Philadelphia this week.
German Movers Association Annual Meeting
Bundesverband Möbelspedition und Logistik (AMÖ) e.V.
AMSA Fall 2016 Board of Directors and Committees Meeting
International Pet and Animal Transportation Association
PAIMA 32nd Annual Convention
IAM 54th Annual Meeting
The Portal's Mar/Apr Issue: IAM Dynasties
HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- What Makes a Dynasty?
PORTAL FOCUS: IAM Dynasties
IAM Dynasties: Leveraging Experience and Tradition / Joyce Dexter
- 1877 Stein, AGS Movers, Nelson Westerberg, Inc., Coleman Worldwide Moving, Sourdough Transfer, Inc., Hilldrup Moving & Storage, Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, Interstate International, Inc., Robinsons Relocation, New World Van Lines, Inc., Reliable Van & Storage, Harsch, The Art of Moving, The Pasha Group, Decapack, Wilhelm Rosebrock, M/s Packways India, Mudanzas Gou
IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- 2016 DP3 Rate Filing: The Saga Continues / Charles L. White
Portal to Asia
- Succession, According to Plan / Rob Faraone
- 2016 IAM/ILN and CLN Gatherings Generate Synergy in Singapore
- IAM President Presents at IMC World Convention
- Details, Details: Getting Personal at Globe Moving & Storage Co. Pvt. Ltd. / Joyce Dexter
- Understanding the Past, Moving into the Future: IAM/HHGFAA History Project / Rick Curry
- The State of Industry Standards / Ray daSilva
- Review of RPP in the 2015 Fiscal Year / Brian Limperopulos
- Today’s Sexier Spin on Logistics / Skaiste Ructye
- IAM Code of Ethics: FAQs / Brian Limperopulos and Margaret Kerr
- Update on International Sanctions on Iran / Margaret Kerr
Movers Doing Good