IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Grace launches new brand
Grace in Australia has recently launched a whole new identity. The rebranding of the 106-year-old Australian company comes as part of a unification of its nine business divisions under a single all-encompassing identity.
TIACA deal supports Africa’s airfreight development
The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) and the African Airlines Association (AFRAA) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that will have TIACA working with the 40 members of AFRAA to support air cargo development in Africa.
FMC Moves Forward with Regulatory Reforms
The Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) took an important step in its regulatory reform efforts when it voted last week to advance a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) that simplifies and streamlines its Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) Service Arrangements (NSA) and Negotiated Rate Arrangements (NRA) rules and procedures.
Tesla's Power Plant on Wheels
Is Tesla Inc.'s Semi on the verge of doing to the trucking industry what the iPhone did to telecommunications? Probably not -- but the decarbonization of road freight may still upend both the logistics business and the oil industry.
ELD violations won’t ding carriers’ CSA scores until April, FMCSA announces
Carriers who are hit with citations for non-compliance with FMCSA’s electronic logging device mandate will not have points recorded against them in the Compliance, Safety, Accountability carrier scoring system, safety officials said today at a public hearing in Birmingham, Ala. It was previously announced that those drivers also will not be put out of service during that period.
The Portal's Nov/Dec Issue: IAM 55TH ANNUAL MEETING
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Lots of Firsts ... and Maybe a Few Lasts
- IAM 55TH ANNUAL MEETING
- Thank-You to Our Sponsors • IAM 55th Annual Meeting Exhibitors
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Mixing It Up at the Federal Bar
- Military/Government Update
- Long Beach in Review / Charles L. White
- IAM Governing Member Profile: SHIPFR8
- IAM Looking Back
- DOD “Okinawa Trial” Type Procurement Competitive Rate Program / Rick Curry
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- Seattle’s Integral Role in Increasing International Migration / Jim Gaw
- Risk Management
- Cyber Risk in the Transportation Sector: An Evolving Threat / Dominic Keller
- Executive Suite
- The Portal Special Report: Focus on the Membership Directory / William Kohudic
- Networking in Long Beach / Daniele Piani
- Prohibited Activities in Switzerland
- Customer Complaints: How Does IAM Handle Them? / Brian Limperopulos
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC