IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
IATA’s latest survey suggests lack of confidence in cargo future
The latest Airline Business Confidence Index produced by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) was made public this month (April), the associated survey revealing that airline heads of cargo and chief financial officers appear likely to report year on year gains in profitability over the first quarter of this year. However, expectations relating to cargo business growth are said to be – like the airfreight market itself – somewhat ‘mixed’.
Panama Canal Dismisses ITF Safety Study on New Locks
The Panama Canal Authority considers inadmissible the safety study presented on Wednesday, April 27 in Panama City, by the Brazilian company Fundação Homem de Mar (FHM) and the International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF), which puts into question the safety of transit through the new locks.
Cargo still on the up through Dubai
Dubai International Airport (DXB) handled 217,201 tonnes of freight in March 2016, up a marginal 0.1% from the 216,879 tonnes that passed through the gateway in the same month of last year.
South Korean maritime accidents double in 2015
According to data by the South Korean Ministry of Public Safety and Security, the number of maritime accidents has doubled during 2015 when compared to the previous three years. A total of 2,740 maritime accidents occurred in 2015, while the previous annual average was just over 1,300.
At America’s Busiest Port, Robot Longshoremen Are the New Contenders
On one end of a dock at America’s busiest port, tractor-trailers haul containers through dense, stop-and-go traffic. Sometimes they collide. Sometimes the drivers must wait, diesel engines idling, as piles are unstacked to find the specific container they need. A few hundred yards away, advanced algorithms select the most efficient pathway for autonomous carriers to move containers across the wharf.
Swedish Movers Federation Annual Meeting
Sveriges M?beltransport?rers F?rbund
BAR Conference 2016
German Movers Association Annual Meeting
Bundesverband Möbelspedition und Logistik (AMÖ) e.V.
AMSA Fall 2016 Board of Directors and Committees Meeting
International Pet and Animal Transportation Association
The Portal's Mar/Apr Issue: IAM Dynasties
HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- What Makes a Dynasty?
PORTAL FOCUS: IAM Dynasties
IAM Dynasties: Leveraging Experience and Tradition / Joyce Dexter
- 1877 Stein, AGS Movers, Nelson Westerberg, Inc., Coleman Worldwide Moving, Sourdough Transfer, Inc., Hilldrup Moving & Storage, Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, Interstate International, Inc., Robinsons Relocation, New World Van Lines, Inc., Reliable Van & Storage, Harsch, The Art of Moving, The Pasha Group, Decapack, Wilhelm Rosebrock, M/s Packways India, Mudanzas Gou
IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- 2016 DP3 Rate Filing: The Saga Continues / Charles L. White
Portal to Asia
- Succession, According to Plan / Rob Faraone
- 2016 IAM/ILN and CLN Gatherings Generate Synergy in Singapore
- IAM President Presents at IMC World Convention
- Details, Details: Getting Personal at Globe Moving & Storage Co. Pvt. Ltd. / Joyce Dexter
- Understanding the Past, Moving into the Future: IAM/HHGFAA History Project / Rick Curry
- The State of Industry Standards / Ray daSilva
- Review of RPP in the 2015 Fiscal Year / Brian Limperopulos
- Today’s Sexier Spin on Logistics / Skaiste Ructye
- IAM Code of Ethics: FAQs / Brian Limperopulos and Margaret Kerr
- Update on International Sanctions on Iran / Margaret Kerr
Movers Doing Good