IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Airfreight rates climb again in July
The latest figures from consultant Drewry’s Sea and Air Shipper Insight Report show that in July average global airfreight prices reached $2.82 per kg, up from June's level of $2.78 per kg. Prices are now just 1.4% behind last year’s level for July, which stood at $2.86 per kg.
Plunge in Gulf of Aden piracy incidents comes at a huge cost
The piracy-prone Gulf of Aden at the Horn of Africa has seen attacks decrease sharply over the last five years, but the positive development has come at a massive cost, according to data cited by Intertanko. Tim Wilkins, regional manager Asia-Pacific & Environment Director at Intertanko’s Asia representative office in Singapore, observed that the success of curbing piracy at the Gulf of Aden has led to an economic cost of $2.2-2.3bn in 2014 alone.
Time to look beyond the e-AWB
The air cargo industry needs to start looking beyond the electronic air waybill (e-AWB) as supply chains will rely increasingly on digital technology.
South Carolina ports take delivery of two giant cranes
The South Carolina Ports Authority late last week took delivery of two super post-Panamax cranes as part of preparations for big-ship readiness, authority officials announced yesterday. The cranes will provide 155 feet of lift height from the dock to enable SCPA to work larger container cargo ships.
Update on current status of Yemen ports
The Standard P&I Club provides update on the current status of Yemen ports and the relevant procedures for entering territorial waters.As of August 18th, 2016 the following ports are fully operational: Aden, Ash Shihr, Balhaf, Hodeidah , Mokha and Saleef. The port of Ras Isa is currently closed.
The Portal's Jul/Aug Issue: Odd Jobs
- The Call of the Wild and the Weird: IAM Members Step Up and Deliver / Joyce Dexter
Companies featured: Crown Worldwide • Transclal Fine Arts Ltd. • Italian Moving Network Inc. s.r.l. • Move One • Felix Relocations (M) Sdn Bdh Malaysia • Matco Moving Solutions • Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics • Graebel Van Lines
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- Roller Coaster 2016 Peak Season / Charles L. White
- Portal to Asia
- AmCham’s ASEAN Business Outlook / Rob Faraone
- IAM Looking Back
- 1962–1963: The Formative Years / Rick Curry
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- Clarifying Current FMC Licensing Requirements
- Executive Suite
- The Legal Thing vs. The Right Thing: The Role of Ethics in Your Business / Joyce Dexter
- Under-Promise, Over-Deliver: A Strategy for Managing Expectations / Ajithkumar
- Talking Politics at Work Poses Risks to Employers and Employees / Derrick Perkins
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC