IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Singapore to set up up maritime cybersecurity centre
Speaking at a Maritime Cyber Security Seminar in Singapore Tuesday, Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore chairman Niam Chiang Meng pledged the authority's continued support towards awareness building and capability development to help the industry boost its cyber resilience.
Container shipping market looking more buoyant, despite overcapacity
Despite overcapacity fears from a flood of newbuild ultra-large ships, as well as recent container spot rate erosion, analysts have a surprisingly positive outlook on profitability for container shipping this year. In fact, Drewry said: “The reality of supply growth in 2018 is far less frightening than it was previously.”
Could Truck Electronics Be the Next Cybersecurity Threat?
The potential for a truck’s vehicle bus, technically known as the J1939 bus, to be compromised by a nefarious actor and used as an access point into an ECM, has been known for some time, said Bill Brown, chairman of the Technology & Maintenance Council’s Future Truck Committee and the retired director of telematics for Southeastern Freight Lines.
U.S. Questions COSCO’s Takeover of Long Beach Terminal -Report
A U.S. national security review has raised concerns about a takeover by China’s COSCO Shipping Holdings Co of a large container terminal in Long Beach, California, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday. The terminal is part of COSCO’s planned $6.3 billion deal to buy shipping firm Orient Overseas International Ltd (OOIL) , the Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
25th Infantry Division Soldiers Aid Relief Efforts on Hawaii Island Kauai
Army aviators and other soldiers with the 25th Infantry Division assisted emergency response efforts here for the island’s residents and tourists in the aftermath of recent heavy rainstorms and mudslide-producing flooding.
The Portal's Mar/Apr Issue: MOVERS DOING GOOD
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Proud to Be a Mover?
- PORTAL FOCUS: MOVERS DOING GOOD
- Answering the Call of Those in Need / Joyce Dexter
- Contributors: Appenzeller-Transpack GmbH • Suddath • Arpin Van Lines • Cartwright International • Global Packing Mudancas Internacionals • La Rosa del Monte • Move For Hunger • National Van Lines • Schmidt Global Logistics BV • The Pasha Group • The Paxton Companies • Western Express • Terry Head • Will Kohudic • Julia O’Connor
- IAM Is Here to Help
- Walt Peniuk: Racing to the Here 2 Help Starting Line
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Doing Good for Society and the Environment / Daniela Krumdiek
- Movers: Helping the World / Carlos Avalos
- YMC2018: A Gathering You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Military/Government Update
- DOD to Introduce New “Personal Property Prototype” System / Charles L. White
- IAM Looking Back
- IAM Hall of Honor History and Sweep Class Inductees / Rick Curry
- Portal Profile
- Aruba International Relocations: A Company on a Mission / Joyce Dexter
- Executive Suite
- The Case for Collaborative Leverage / Ray da Silva
- Customer Care Sets You Apart / Diane Ilieva
- Getting the Most Out of Your Company’s Data / Jason Hopkins
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC