IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Panama Canal: Lane Outages
The west lane of Miraflores Locks will be out of service beginning late Monday, August 22 for scheduled dry chamber seal repairs on Miter gates 106-107, 114-115, 118-199 and 122-123. The repairs are planned to last four days to August 26.
In New York, Natural Gas Growing Slowly as Alternative Fuel for Trucks
CEO Andrew West said American National Gas is bullish on natural gas for a few reasons. The technology to run commercial trucks with compressed natural gas has existed for decades, he said, but a combination of low, stable natural-gas prices and improved technology recently has made gas engines attractive and a network of CNG stations a safer investment.
Blimps are back, baby
“Is this the dawning of a new age of the airship?” gushed the Guardian’s headline the morning after Hybrid Air Vehicles debuted their Airlander 10 in front of representatives of the media and aviation enthusiasts in rural Bedfordshire, U.K. It can carry a 10-tonne payload and was developed with $300 million in funding from the U.S. Air Force. Hybrid Air Vehicles says the Airlander 10 can reach 16,000 feet, fly at up to 90 miles per hour and stay aloft for two weeks.
Economic Slump Sends Big Ships to Scrap Heap
Up until a year ago, the shipping industry was ordering ships in droves. This year, orders of new vessels have fallen to a record low and companies can’t get rid of ships fast enough.
Obama puts Congress on notice: TPP is coming
The White House put Congress on notice Friday morning that it will be sending lawmakers a bill to implement President Barack Obama’s landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement — a move intended to infuse new energy into efforts to ratify the flat-lining trade pact.
The Portal's Jul/Aug Issue: Odd Jobs
- The Call of the Wild and the Weird: IAM Members Step Up and Deliver / Joyce Dexter
Companies featured: Crown Worldwide • Transclal Fine Arts Ltd. • Italian Moving Network Inc. s.r.l. • Move One • Felix Relocations (M) Sdn Bdh Malaysia • Matco Moving Solutions • Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics • Graebel Van Lines
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- Roller Coaster 2016 Peak Season / Charles L. White
- Portal to Asia
- AmCham’s ASEAN Business Outlook / Rob Faraone
- IAM Looking Back
- 1962–1963: The Formative Years / Rick Curry
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- Clarifying Current FMC Licensing Requirements
- Executive Suite
- The Legal Thing vs. The Right Thing: The Role of Ethics in Your Business / Joyce Dexter
- Under-Promise, Over-Deliver: A Strategy for Managing Expectations / Ajithkumar
- Talking Politics at Work Poses Risks to Employers and Employees / Derrick Perkins
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC