IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
The Future of Transportation Is Straight Out of Science Fiction
Personal space travel? Self-driving cars? Helicopter taxis? The future of transportation is upon us, and it reads like a science fiction novel.
Tariffs present different global supply chain situations for shippers
For nearly 18 months, or even longer, there have been steady gains in United States-bound imports from China, with much of it due to the pending, now actual, tariffs, which have been by viewed by many at protectionist measures.
Port Kembla Reopens After Bulker Blaze
A fire in the hold of a bulker ship on Monday briefly closed Australia’s Port Kembla, the second-largest coal export port in New South Wales state, stopping shipping for eight hours.
Congestion and delays at port of Felixstowe expected to continue
The UK’s major container gateway of Felixstowe is expected to continue experiencing severe congestion after the troubled implementation of a new IT system. An advisory issued by MSC said all carriers calling at the port were still experiencing “significant delays”.
Containership Abandoned in Bay of Bengal Due to Major Fire
The Indian Coast Guard has rescued all 22 crew member of a containership following a major fire aboard the vessel while about 50 miles off the coast of India in the Bay of Bengal. The India-flagged SSL Kolkata reported fire just after midnight on Thursday. The fire was reportedly caused by an explosion in one of the shipping containers and later spread to about 60 other containers.
The Portal's May/Jun Issue: THE MIDDLE EAST
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- What Spring Has Sprung
- PORTAL FOCUS: THE MIDDLE EAST
- War and Peace: A Region of Peril and Promise / Joyce Dexter
- Contributors: Bliss Corporation • La Levantine • GIFCO • Transclal • Infinity Pack & Ship • Jordanian Coast Cargo • Darwish Logistics • DHL Global Forwarding • Paxton International • Move One Logistics • Innovation Mobility • AGS • Interem • Intemove Egypt • ISS Worldwide Movers • Attica Movers S.A.
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- DP3 on the Cusp of a New Chapter / Charles L. White
- IAM Looking Back
- 1978: Competitive Rate Program Changes in the International Moving Industry / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Understanding Data Analytics in the Moving Industry / Ray da Silva
- Global Movers and GDPR: What You Need to Know / Sebastien Deschamps
- Unpaid Invoice Compensation Payments for RPP in 2017 / Brian Limperopulos
- The Rise of Aggregators: How Movers Can Fight Back / Matthew Woodley
- From Brussels to Bangui and Back Again / Anne Van Giles
- Short-Paying Invoices: Is it Ethical? / Rick Curry and Brian Limperopulos
- Small Business
- How Small Businesses Can Compete with Large Companies / Roumen Todorov
- The Struggles of Finding Labor / Jason Hopkins
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC