IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Outlook Gloomy for Container Shipping as Rates Continue to Slide
Container spot rates from Asia to North Europe slumped below $700 per teu last week, losing a further 3.9% in value. They now stand at $686 per teu, while for Mediterranean ports, rates slid 5.8% to $652 per teu. In January freight rates per teu for both were in excess of $1,000.
The ELD Mandate: What to expect
Like it or not, the era of paper driver logs is over. Technology is available that will automatically record drivers Hours of Service and better ensure compliance with legislation. As of December 18, 2017, commercial drivers with model year 2000 or newer trucks who currently are required to prepare Hours of Service records of duty status (RODS) must start using an electronic logging device (ELD).
After naval patrols, Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines launch air surveillance ops over Sulu Sea
The operations, part of a tri-nation effort to curb movements of militants linked to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in the southern Philippines, mark the first joint air patrol over the dangerous waters. "Affiliated terrorist organisations and sympathisers have exploited the porous borders and linked up with local terrorist groups, evident following the Marawi City siege," said Malaysia's Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein.
Sohar Port and Freezone kicks off first phase of expansion
Oman’s Sohar Port and Freezone has revealed that the first phase of its mega expansion plan is set to get under way soon. The expansion is part of the freezone’s long-term move to grow the vital industrial and maritime hub by as much as 50 per cent, a report said.
Nate to Bring More Damages to Hurricane-Weary Region
Tropical Storm Nate, on track to strike near New Orleans overnight Saturday, may cause close to $1 billion in damage across Central America and the U.S., regions already battered by the most powerful month of hurricanes on record.
The Portal's Sep/Oct Issue: IAM 55TH ANNUAL MEETING
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- We Are One!
- Portal Focus: IAM 55TH ANNUAL MEETING
- Meet the Candidates • 2017 Hall of Honor Inductees • Knowledge Lab Schedule • Things to See and Do in Long Beach • Help IAM Set a World Record! • Thank-You to Our Sponsors
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Annual Meeting Schedule, Long Beach, California
- Happy Planet Special Edition: Germany
Berlin (Jessica Deutschmann) • Bremen (Sonja Riegert and Philipp Lange) • Stuttgart (Sara Krenske) • Cologne (Köln) (Thorsten Koch) • Mountainbikepark Pfälzerwald (Sascha Graf)
- Military/Government Update
- IAM Annual Meeting U.S. Goverment Program Is Shaping Up / Charles L. White
- IAM Governing Member Profile: Goldenway International Pets & Live Animals
- IAM Looking Back
- Building Blocks of the HHGFAA/IAM Organization / Rick Curry
- PORTAL FOCUS: HOW DO YOU GREEN?
- The Industry’s Many Shades of Green / Joyce Dexter
Appenzeller-Transpack GmbH • Express Transports, S.A. • Boonma • Transclal Fine Arts Ltd. • Mudanzas Clara del Rey • The Swiss Moving Company • NEDRAC, Inc. • Paxton International • Rosebrock • Packways India • Moveware
- Packways India: Where Green Is an Organizational Value / Nikhil Ohri
- Executive Suite
- The Portal Special Report: The Annual Meeting / William Kohudic
- The Future of International Removals: Feedback from Experts / Daniele Piani
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC