IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Several U.S. Carriers Fine-Tune Compensation in Face of Driver Shortage
The second quarter brought a number of increases in driver compensation as the driver shortage continued to impact carriers’ ability to transport loads.
Multiple ship groundings and collisions send Suez Canal into chaos
Egypt’s Suez Canal, one of the busiest waterways in the world, is experiencing traffic mayhem after a series of ships grounded or collided in its waters in the space of two days. The canal is currently struggling to bring operations back to normal, with local media reporting that five vessels were involved in the accident, which eventually led to a standstill on Sunday.
Lufthansa Cargo to offer digital freight capacity booking
Lufthansa Cargo has released plans to offer digital freight capacity booking in a new partnership with the software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, cargo.one.
Maersk Line diverting two services to Liverpool from delay-hit Felixstowe
Maersk Line is diverting one of its transatlantic services with MSC and its COEX service to the Port of Liverpool for 12 weeks from Felixstowe which has been hit by delays over the last month since installing a new IT system.
Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
While container shipping lines face soaring operational costs, recent signs that they are preparing to suspend services in light of weakening demand suggest vessel charter rates could also come under pressure.
The Portal's May/Jun Issue: THE MIDDLE EAST
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- What Spring Has Sprung
- PORTAL FOCUS: THE MIDDLE EAST
- War and Peace: A Region of Peril and Promise / Joyce Dexter
- Contributors: Bliss Corporation • La Levantine • GIFCO • Transclal • Infinity Pack & Ship • Jordanian Coast Cargo • Darwish Logistics • DHL Global Forwarding • Paxton International • Move One Logistics • Innovation Mobility • AGS • Interem • Intemove Egypt • ISS Worldwide Movers • Attica Movers S.A.
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- DP3 on the Cusp of a New Chapter / Charles L. White
- IAM Looking Back
- 1978: Competitive Rate Program Changes in the International Moving Industry / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Understanding Data Analytics in the Moving Industry / Ray da Silva
- Global Movers and GDPR: What You Need to Know / Sebastien Deschamps
- Unpaid Invoice Compensation Payments for RPP in 2017 / Brian Limperopulos
- The Rise of Aggregators: How Movers Can Fight Back / Matthew Woodley
- From Brussels to Bangui and Back Again / Anne Van Giles
- Short-Paying Invoices: Is it Ethical? / Rick Curry and Brian Limperopulos
- Small Business
- How Small Businesses Can Compete with Large Companies / Roumen Todorov
- The Struggles of Finding Labor / Jason Hopkins
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC