IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
After deal with U.A.E., Delta to re-launch U.S. flights to Mumbai
Delta Airlines released plans to re-launch its nonstop routes between the United States and Mumbai, following a gap period in which the carrier withdrew its flights to the region, when Delta says it was “forced to exit the market after subsidized state-owned airlines made service economically unviable.”
Strikes in Brazil
OMNI would like to thank Laura Ganon at Fink Mobility for providing the following information about two strikes in Brazil.
Trump White House Seeking Public Comment on Which Maritime Regulations to Remove
The White House’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs is seeking public input on how the federal government can reduce the regulatory burdens imposed on the maritime sector as part of the Trump Administration’s broad plan to deregulate American industries.
Shippers with Cargo on Maersk Honam Face Hefty Bill to Get it Released
Shippers with cargo aboard the fire-stricken Maersk Honam will have to stump up over half its value if it is to be released under general average arrangements.
Even buskers take bitcoin now, but should you? A note of warning
Even the street entertainers in London are now accepting bitcoin – but cryptocurrency, like blockchain, can be a frightening concept. At yesterday’s Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) meeting in Atlanta, an accountant from Acuity brought things back to basics, asking: should your company be using cryptocurrencies for payment?
The Portal's May/Jun Issue: THE MIDDLE EAST
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- What Spring Has Sprung
- PORTAL FOCUS: THE MIDDLE EAST
- War and Peace: A Region of Peril and Promise / Joyce Dexter
- Contributors: Bliss Corporation • La Levantine • GIFCO • Transclal • Infinity Pack & Ship • Jordanian Coast Cargo • Darwish Logistics • DHL Global Forwarding • Paxton International • Move One Logistics • Innovation Mobility • AGS • Interem • Intemove Egypt • ISS Worldwide Movers • Attica Movers S.A.
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- DP3 on the Cusp of a New Chapter / Charles L. White
- IAM Looking Back
- 1978: Competitive Rate Program Changes in the International Moving Industry / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Understanding Data Analytics in the Moving Industry / Ray da Silva
- Global Movers and GDPR: What You Need to Know / Sebastien Deschamps
- Unpaid Invoice Compensation Payments for RPP in 2017 / Brian Limperopulos
- The Rise of Aggregators: How Movers Can Fight Back / Matthew Woodley
- From Brussels to Bangui and Back Again / Anne Van Giles
- Short-Paying Invoices: Is it Ethical? / Rick Curry and Brian Limperopulos
- Small Business
- How Small Businesses Can Compete with Large Companies / Roumen Todorov
- The Struggles of Finding Labor / Jason Hopkins
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC