IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Arpin Van Lines’ Agents Earn Esteemed 2017 Angie’s List Super Service Award
Two Arpin Van Lines’ Agents have earned the home service industry’s coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award (SSA). This award honors service professionals who have maintained exceptional service ratings and reviews on Angie’s List in 2017. The winners are Charles Wood & Son Moving & Storage, Inc. of Melville, NY; and Star International Movers of Sterling, Va.
Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
Digitisation could make freight forwarders redundant in the next 20 years unless they significantly adapt their business model. As data in the supply chain becomes increasingly transparent, in a bid for seamless flows of information and cargo, the forwarders’ advantage ebbs, delegates heard at Air Cargo India in Mumbai this week.
Cameroon: Operations to effectively start at Kribi deep water port soon
"We’ve come to Kribi for a large concertation between actors of external trade and to take initial steps towards the effective start of operations at Kribi deep-water port." These were the words of Edgar Alain Mebe Ngo’o, minister of transport, at the end of a meeting organized in the city from February 15-16, 2018. It was organized to install the actors of the future port community.
Terry Head Stepping Down as IAM Presidet; Charles White Stepping Up
IAM is officially announcing that Terry Head has formally confirmed that he plans to step down as IAM president at the end of 2018 or during the early weeks of 2019. The IAM Executive Committee is pleased to further advise that IAM Senior Vice President Charles "Chuck" White has already been confirmed to succeed Head in the role.
Pasha Hawaii Concludes Deployment of Horizon Spirit In Support of Puerto Rico Carriers Hurricane Relief Efforts
Since cargo volume can now be handled by the U.S. Jones Act vessels customarily serving the Puerto Rico market, the vessel will serve as a drydock reserve ship in Pasha Hawaii’s container business between the mainland and Hawaii. It will relieve the Horizon Reliance which will undergo regulatory dry-dock maintenance at a U.S. West Coast shipyard.
The Portal's Jan/Feb Issue: IN A PREVIOUS LIFE ...
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Remembering a Proud but Humble Man
- PORTAL FOCUS: IN A PREVIOUS LIFE ...
- Contributors: Mario M. Amato, Nancy Billingsley, Gadi Binness, Doris Bourne, Austen G. Chamberlain, Thomas Colucci, Anish Dsouza, Johanna Lindström, Abhilash Nair, Brenda Naylor, Boris Populoh, Ramiro Quiros, Carl Weaver, Eric Wildhaber, Woody Zobel
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- IAM Establishes a New Scholarship Honoring Jackie Agner
- Recruiting the Next Generation of Movers / Yvonne Toegel
- YMC2018: A Gathering You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Military/Government Update
- A Review: 20 Key Issues from 2017 / Charles L. White
- Friend of Industry Donna M. Jack Retires
- IAM Governing Member Profile: Execu-move
- IAM Looking Back
- 1978: What a Year! / Rick Curry
- Portal Profile
- Brytor International Moving Transitions to New Ownership / Joyce Dexter
- Going Green
- Executive Suite
- The Portal Special Report: Participation, Value and Satisfaction / William Kohudic
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC