IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
E-Log Device Certification Considered by FMCSA
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration on Oct. 28 issued an “information collection request,” seeking public comment on its plans to ask electronic logging device manufacturers to register and self-certify that their products meet the agency’s technical specifications. The agency, which published a supplementary proposed ELD rule March 28, is expected to issue its final rule next year that will require most interstate carriers to equip their trucks with ELDs.
Liberian Registry supports IMO advice on Ebola virus
The Liberian Registry has come out in full support of the International Maritime Organization’s recommendation that there should be no general ban on international travel or trade due to the Ebola virus. Meanwhile, operation of the US-based registry remains unaffected.
Air cargo optimism reigns as peak season beckons
After five years of false starts and discouraging setbacks, the recent string of positive economic indicators for the cargo industry from IATA, ACMG, Boeing, Airbus and others at the start of peak season gave the opening session of the Cargo Facts Aircraft Symposium at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami a buoyant feel.
The Port of Long Beach Asserts Congestion Crisis Is a Strategic Issue
While the current congestion at the Port of Long Beach is a costly issue for everyone, from truck drivers to shippers to dock workers to retailers, solutions to the bottleneck are put simply by Port officials: it’s a matter of strategy and proper placement of the necessary tools to keep our Port at its most efficient.
Logistics organizations join the fight against Ebola
As groups like the World Health Organization and UNICEF have made clear in recent weeks, logistics expertise and muscle are critical to mounting an effective response to the devastating outbreak of Ebola in West Africa. A number of organizations in the logistics and transportation field are answering that call, volunteering their time, expertise, and services to help stop the spread of the deadly disease.
The Portal's Sept/Oct Issue: IAM Annual Meeting AND Technology in Sales and Marketing
In the Sept/Oct 2014 issue of The Portal magazine, IAM gives important information about the IAM ANnual Meeting in Orlando and also looks at technology in sales and marketing. Some of the highlights include:
IAM 52nd ANNUAL MEETING
- Meet the Candidates • Annual Meeting Schedule • 2014 Hall of Honor Inductees
- 2014 Knowledge Lab Presenters • Knowledge Lab Schedule
- 2014 Annual Meeting Sponsors • IAM Mobile App & Wireless Instructions
- IAM 52nd Annual Meeting Exhibitors • Marriott Restaurant Information
- IAM Annual Meetings: A Year-By-Year Comparison
- Things to See and Do in Orlando
PORTAL FOCUS: TECHNOLOGY IN SALES AND MARKETING
- How Mobile Technology Aligns Sales & Marketing to Boost Your Business / Janet Cave Seely
- 5 Ways to Get Strong Referrals and Lots of ’Em / Mark Wayshak
- The Next Generation of Apps Will Be All About You / Scott Gillum
- Social Media and the Removal Industry / Elad Gur-Arie
- 5 Questions You Should Ask in Every Selling Situation / Mark Wayshak
- Engaging Our Customers / Rob Faraone
- 5 Ways to Build Your Brand in Short Chunks of Time / Jayson Demers
- 6 Tricks for Creating the Perfect Sales Proposal / Mark Wayshak
RE: Terry Head/Laura Case Wedding Photo
Congrats Terry and Laura. Looks like you had an amazing day and many many amazing days to come :)...
Marriage Terry and Laura
What great news !! Heartfelt congratulations from Spain together with my very best wishes for many,...
Dear Terry & Laura Congratulations from Vanpac, Pakis...
RE: Terry Head/Laura Case Wedding Photo
Congrats and best wishes from Best Movers Van Lines....
Registering a Company in Myanmar.
Hello Every one. Good day, and hope you all are fine and busy there. Here are some vital informa...