Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - Jul/Aug 2018
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Bet on Winners and Maximize Your ROI
- PORTAL FOCUS: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
- Focusing on the Future ... with a Little Help from the Fund / Joyce Dexter
- Contributors: Briana Hawkins • Margaret Bodalski • Michael Simons • Ashley Saunders • Federico Presta • Susan Alvarez • Chasity King • Elad Gur-Arie • Emily Workman Tuttle • Daniel Piani • Katerina Mishustina • Kylie Mimnaugh
- IAM ANNUAL MEETING PREVIEW
- Leave Outdated Systems and Handwritten Inventories Behind / Erik Petterson and Brian Limperopulos
- Annual Meeting Program: An Sneak Peek
- IAM Here2Help: A Running Start at the IAM 56th Annual Meeting / Walt Penuik
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Young Movers Sample Belgian Hospitality at 2018 YMC / Anne Van Gils
- Military/Government Update
- Daniel J. Bradley Joins IAM Staff, and Update on MyMove / Charles L. White
- IAM Looking Back
- 1979: The End of a Decade of Change for the Military Program / Rick Curry
- IAM Mobility Exchange
- Understanding Data Analytics in the Moving Industry, Part II: Google Analytics / Ray da Silva
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- Executive Suite
- FIDI and IAM Collaborate on Professional Cooperation Guidelines / Brian Limperopulos
- Movers Doing Good
- Speed to Value (S2V): A Multidimensional Approach to Realizing
- Value in the Back Office / Roberta Tamburrino
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Coming Up in The Portal
In every issue of The Portal, we invite our authors to share their experiences, success stories, learning experiences, and vision with others in the moving and forwarding industry. In addition to our regular columns, feature articles for each issue are united by a central theme.
Visit our Coming Up In The Portal page to read about upcoming themes and deadlines for the next issue of the magazine, and return often, as it will change regularly.
Our Guidelines for Submitting page details regular columns to which you may submit articles and news, as well as our submission guidelines and instructions.
Our Editorial Calendar will give you a glance further into the themes of future issues.
See All Issues