Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - Jan/Feb 2017
HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Optimistically Uncertain
PORTAL FOCUS: THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB
- The Best Fit, the Best Team / Joyce Dexter
- From Job Applicant to Jedi Master / Elad Gur-Arie
- Employees: The Company Cornerstone / Aivars Usans
ILN MEMBER PROFILE
- Gradlyn: Moving Everything from Ants to Elephants / Joyce Dexter
- Steve Jordan: The Force Behind The Mover / Joyce Dexter
IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Mentor Match Profile: Ben Scheiner, Managing Director, Global Relocations
- What’s in Store for DOD Moving in 2017? / Charles L. White
- Preventing and Resolving Shipping Disputes / Jennifer M. Gartlan
IAM Looking Back
- The Kingpak Decision / Rick Curry
- IAM Code of Ethics Procedures
- Know the Rules So Your Claims Will Be Approved: Updated RPP Operating Rules & Regulations
- The Box That Talks / Daniele Piani
Movers Doing Good
Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Next in The Portal
March/April 2015 — Relocation & Destination Services: Getting Customers There Is Just Half the Job
Submissions may be full-length articles or briefer anecdotes that can be used in a staff-written overview. IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your name, company, and your title at the company. High-resolution digital photos of yourself and/or pictures relating to the country or shipment you are describing are welcome. (Note: Cell phone photos often do not reproduce well and are unlikely to be included in the print version of The Portal.)
DEADLINE: February 28, 2015.See All Issues