Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - Nov/Dec 2016
PORTAL FOCUS: IAM 54th ANNUAL MEETING
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Look Both Ways ...
- Unmasking the Future of Global Moving & Mobility: Getting Busy in the Big Easy / Janet Seely
- PORTAL PROFILE
- Antonio Tremols Leads PAIMA—The Association with a Latin Beat / Joyce Dexter
- PORTAL PROFILE
- IMC: Strengthening Networks in the Asian Region
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Setting Your Own Path: Advice from an Entrepreneur / Jimmy Bruzzese
- Military/Government Update
- IAM 54th Annual Meeting Military & Government Summary / Charles L. White
- Risk Management
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- IAM Looking Back
- The Journey Continues / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Major U.S. Customs Change Takes Effect January 1, 2017 / Tony Tickner
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Next in The Portal
March/April 2015 — Relocation & Destination Services: Getting Customers There Is Just Half the Job
Submissions may be full-length articles or briefer anecdotes that can be used in a staff-written overview. IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your name, company, and your title at the company. High-resolution digital photos of yourself and/or pictures relating to the country or shipment you are describing are welcome. (Note: Cell phone photos often do not reproduce well and are unlikely to be included in the print version of The Portal.)
DEADLINE: February 28, 2015.See All Issues