Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - Sep/Oct 2017
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- We Are One!
- Portal Focus: IAM 55TH ANNUAL MEETING
- Meet the Candidates • 2017 Hall of Honor Inductees • Knowledge Lab Schedule • Things to See and Do in Long Beach • Help IAM Set a World Record! • Thank-You to Our Sponsors
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Annual Meeting Schedule, Long Beach, California
- Happy Planet Special Edition: Germany
Berlin (Jessica Deutschmann) • Bremen (Sonja Riegert and Philipp Lange) • Stuttgart (Sara Krenske) • Cologne (Köln) (Thorsten Koch) • Mountainbikepark Pfälzerwald (Sascha Graf)
- Military/Government Update
- IAM Annual Meeting U.S. Goverment Program Is Shaping Up / Charles L. White
- IAM Governing Member Profile: Goldenway International Pets & Live Animals
- IAM Looking Back
- Building Blocks of the HHGFAA/IAM Organization / Rick Curry
- PORTAL FOCUS: HOW DO YOU GREEN?
- The Industry’s Many Shades of Green / Joyce Dexter
Appenzeller-Transpack GmbH • Express Transports, S.A. • Boonma • Transclal Fine Arts Ltd. • Mudanzas Clara del Rey • The Swiss Moving Company • NEDRAC, Inc. • Paxton International • Rosebrock • Packways India • Moveware
- Packways India: Where Green Is an Organizational Value / Nikhil Ohri
- Executive Suite
- The Portal Special Report: The Annual Meeting / William Kohudic
- The Future of International Removals: Feedback from Experts / Daniele Piani
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Coming Up in The Portal
In every issue of The Portal, we invite our authors to share their experiences, success stories, learning experiences, and vision with others in the moving and forwarding industry. In addition to our regular columns, feature articles for each issue are united by a central theme.
Visit our Coming Up In The Portal page to read about upcoming themes and deadlines for the next issue of the magazine, and return often, as it will change regularly.
Our Guidelines for Submitting page details regular columns to which you may submit articles and news, as well as our submission guidelines and instructions.
Our Editorial Calendar will give you a glance further into the themes of future issues.
See All Issues