Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - Jan/Feb 2019
- WHITE NOISE / Charles L. White
- Looking Ahead to a Promising Future
- PORTAL FOCUS: IAM’S NEW PRESIDENT
- Chuck White: Poised to “Hit the Ground Running” / Joyce Dexter
- SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS AND LOGISTICAL CHALLENGES
- From Art to Yachts: Lucrative Niches for Movers / Joyce Dexter
- Contributors: 1877 Stein • DeWitt Move Worldwide • FF International Movers • Interstate • Felix Relocations • Red Wolf Global Ltd • Voxme Software, Inc.
- Cataloging an Artist’s Estate / Max Kreynin
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- Government & Military Program Review / Daniel J. Bradley
- IAM Looking Back
- 1978–1982: MTMC, RDDs, Service, Ocean Freight and Membershp / Rick Curry
- IAM Mobility Exchange
- Momentum Builds for IAM Mobility Exchange / Ray daSilva
- IAM Learning
- Building on the Foundation of Another Successful Program / Ray daSilva
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- A Look at Shanghai’s US$12 Billion Port / Jason Will
- Movers Doing Good
- Executive Suite
- Why Non-Competition Agreements Are Bad for Business / Joe Singleton
- In Search of Greener Solutions for Movers / Guillaume Rochman
- Saudi Arabia: A Movers’s Perspective / Ammar Almani
- The 2,000-Year-Old Secret of Japanese Success in One Word / Martin Giles
- PORTAL PROFILE
- Mondial Movers International: A Dutch Powerhouse with Local Roots / Joyce Dexter
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Coming Up in The Portal
In every issue of The Portal, we invite our authors to share their experiences, success stories, learning experiences, and vision with others in the moving and forwarding industry. In addition to our regular columns, feature articles for each issue are united by a central theme.
Visit our Coming Up In The Portal page to read about upcoming themes and deadlines for the next issue of the magazine, and return often, as it will change regularly.
Our Guidelines for Submitting page details regular columns to which you may submit articles and news, as well as our submission guidelines and instructions.
Our Editorial Calendar will give you a glance further into the themes of future issues.
See All Issues