Country Guide: Macedonia
Household Goods and Personal Effects
Documents Required for Non diplomatic moves
- Copy of Passport
- Macedonian ID card ( temporary acceptable )
- Proforma invoice ( for HHG and UAB shipments the minimum value is 1.5 EUR x kg )
- Request for Temporary Import (issued from the employer in Macedonia for Customs)
- Letter of Employment (must show duration of stay)
- Detailed packing list
- Original Bill of Lading or Telex Release(OBL)/ Convention Marchandises Routers (CMR) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Lease Agreement, including address of temporary residence
- Import Permit for certain items mentioned below.
- Customs Export Declaration from previous export (returning residents)
***Important : Import duties and taxes calculation for non diplomatic moves :
Declared value of the goods + cost for transport X 25 % = DUTIES
On this total amount ( value + transport + 25 % duties ) + 18 % = VAT
VAT + Duties = total import duties and taxes.
Documents Required for diplomatic moves
- Import protocol from MFA
- Proforma invoice
- Diplomatic ID card
- Packing list
- CMR / BOL or AWB
- An Import Permit from the Ministry of Environment is required for electronic items such as televisions, DVD players and refrigerators.
- Food items, drinks and pharmaceuticals will generate customs inspections and require an Import Permit will be required. It is strongly advised that non-Diplomats do not ship these items.
- Food items must be sent separate from household goods and personal effects.
- Original Registration Card
- Original Sales Certificate / Purchase Invoice
- Certificate for Standard EUR 3
- OBL / CMR / AWB
- Vehicles must be less than 10 years old and in the possession of the shipper at the time of importation.
- All vehicles must be equipped with catalyst system.
- The taxes for non-Diplomat shipments and temporary import are charged at the same rate as personal effects (3% of total calculated taxes per month); a Bank Guarantee is required.
- The details of the vehicle must be shown on the OBL (model, type number of chassis, vehicle identification number, type of fuel, year of production, engine capacity, number of doors, color, engine number, etc.).
- An Import Permit from the Ministry of Environment is required for electronic items such as televisions, DVD players, printers, lap tops, ice conditioning and refrigerators.
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Pet's passport / vaccination history - including up to date vaccines and microchip number. Rabies vaccine has to be at least 30 days and max. 1 year old at time of travel
Microchip - implanted before Rabies vaccination
30 days after Rabies vaccination a Rabies blood test has to be arrange and Rabies blood test (RNATT) Certificate obtained
- The test must be carried out on a sample collected by an authorized veterinarian at least 30 days after the date of vaccination and not less than three months before the date of movement; the test must measure a level of neutralizing antibody to rabies virus in serum equal to or greater than 0,5 IU/ml; the test must be performed in an approved laboratory.
- Health certificate
- Pet owner’s passport copy
- Documents must show that animal is free from infection or contamination.
- Full duties are payable on imports of food items and drinks. Percentages depend on the type of food or drink.
- Animal based products such as cheese, etc. (permission is required)
- The following items may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Distilled alcoholic beverages over 22% (1 L)
- Distilled alcoholic beverages under 22% (2 L)
- Wine (2 L)
- Perfume (50 ml)
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition
- Plant and plant products (permission is required)
- Animals and animal products (permission is required)
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit goods
- More than 1 L alcohol for non diplomatic shipments
- Cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos for non diplomatic shipments
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.