Country Guide: Pakistan
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original Passport
- Original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC - if Pakistani national)
- Copy of Visa
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Inventory list in English
- Packing list with purchase invoices
- Certificate of Employment
- Transfer of Residence Certificate
- Copy of Diplomatic Card (Diplomats)
- Pakistani citizens must pay full Customs duties and taxes.
- Shippers can import shipments duty free for the first 6 months by completing a CBR Booklet (foreigners).
- All import duties are charged on the costs, insurance and freight of the shipment (CIF) value; the value is determined by Customs officials.
- Only used clothing and used household effects can be imported on a duty-free basis.
- A Letter of Authority from the Mission is required for all shipments.
- Customs clearance takes approximately 4-5 days after arrival of the shipment.
- Consignee should be present for Customs clearance.
- All items are dutiable; the value and depreciation of the goods can be negotiated with the examiner at the time of clearance.
- Do not send insurance or any documents showing value of the household goods with the shipment to avoid payment of heavy import duties.
- Diplomats may import shipments duty free with presentation of a Diplomatic Exemption Certificate to Customs authorities.
- Copy of Passport
- OBL / AWB
- Original Technical Passport or Certificate of Title
- De-registration Certificate
- Invoice of purchase showing the engine number, model and horsepower
- Pakistani national citizens cannot import vehicles older than 2 years.
- Diplomats can import vehicles older than 2 years.
- Original Passport of shipper
- Health Certificate and Vaccination Certificate (issued by origin country)
- Quarantine Certificate issued by the Government of Pakistan / Veterinary Certificate
- Pet Passport
- Document required must accompany animals and pets.
- Pets may be transported as baggage, as cargo, or with passengers traveling by air.
- Items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (1/2 kg)
- Eau de Toilette (1/4 L) and perfume (1/8 L)
- Gifts and souvenirs (reasonable number and quantity)
- Weapons of any kind
- Toxic and radioactive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.