Country Guide: Trinidad and Tobago
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Copy of Work Permit, if applicable
- Detailed inventory
- Affidavit of Returning Resident (returning residents)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs forms (Diplomats)
- Diplomatic Franchise (Diplomats)
- An import License is required for appliances that contain gas (e.g., refrigerator, etc.).
- Certified copy of Title / Registration
- Import License
- Copy of OBL
- The shipper must apply for the Import License prior to clearance of the vehicle.
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Import Permit
- The Veterinary Health Certificate must be obtained from a veterinarian at origin.
- The Import Permit must be obtained upon entry.
- Weapons, including firearms, swords, etc. (require permission from the Police Commissioner of Trinidad and Tobago)
- New items less than 1-year old
- Alcohol (1 q.)
- Cigarettes - persons over 17 years or older (200), cigars (50), loose tobacco (1/2 lb.)
- Building materials (e.g., tiles)
- Communications equipment such as CB radios, walkie-talkies, etc.
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.