Country Guide: Bermuda
Find movers in Bermuda now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Work Permit (Non-Bermudian)
- Transfer of Residence Allowance (TRA)
- Customs Traveler Declaration Form 98 (CTD)
- CAPS Registration
- Cash Valuation Sheet
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory list
- The TRA is good for 90 days from issuance.
- Bermudian citizens returning to Bermuda must be able to prove time lived abroad for a minimum of 1 year in order to import their household goods duty fre
- Transport Control Department (TCD)
- OBL / AWB
- Bill of Sale
- Certificate of Title
- Overseas Vehicle Registration
- Owner’s manual
- To import a motor vehicle, the shipper must be the original owner and have owned the vehicle within the 6 months prior to import.
- The TCD must be presented with the vehicle specifications for approval.
- The owner must provide the Transport Control Department the specific details of the vehicle including: make, model, curb weight, horsepower.
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Import Permit issued by the Bermuda Department of Environmental Protection
- The Vaccination Record must show the animal has received at least two rabies vaccinations: the first after the age of 3 months, the second between 6-12 months, and with no significant lapses in vaccinations. The most recent vaccination must be given within 30 days and not more than 1 year prior to arrival.
- Vaccinations must be given by a licensed veterinarian.
- The Vaccination Record and Veterinary Health Certificate must be dated and signed by a licensed veterinarian, showing veterinarian name, facility address, and telephone number.
- The Veterinary Health Certificate must be issued within 10 days of import and must state that animal if free from communicable disease and external parasites; the name, date of birth, breed, description, owner’s name, owner’s name and address, and microchip identification of the pet must also be included.
- Certain restrictions apply for animals arriving from specific countries; contact agent for complete details.
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (0.5 kg)
- Spirits and wine (1 L each); amounts above 1 L are charged duties of 25% of the value
- Weapons and ammunition
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit items
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.