Planning a Government International Move
Links to help you with planning a government or military move within the United States:
- Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) Defense Personal Property Program (DP3) - This command provides transportation management for the military. Through the website's Help Desk, service members can call with questions regarding shipment of personal property and household goods.
- Military One Source Moving Resources - Numerous resources for military members who are planning a move, including basics of moving, souse employment, finance and budgeting, and OCONUS move information.
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) This website has information regarding military pay, including military pay tables. It includes a link to "My Pay" so a service member can view his or her Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) and other financial information related to military pay.
- Military Youth on the Move Military Youth on the Move reaches out to youth with creative ways to cope with issues that arise in the face of a move, such as transitioning to a new school, saying goodbye to friends, and getting involved in a new community. The website is divided into three primary target audiences: elementary school, middle school, and high school. It also includes information specifically designed to help parents help their children navigate challenges such as a move, a new school, or making decisions about life after high school.
- Government Services Administration Center for Transportation Management
- IAM Member Directory
- IAM's Ability to Assist Customers
- Valuing the Goods: Similar Items / Dissimilar Values
- Lump Sum Shipment Valuation with/without High Value Inventory Reporting Requirement