USTC J9 Conditions-Based Movement Call (16 Mar)
March 18, 2021
The readahead slides for this call were once again “fairly” consistent with previous weeks. Health Protection Protocols bumped up a bit. And reweigh compliance is still a large non-compliance issue.
Other Notes from the Call:
- MAJ Smith noted that the J9 staff is analyzing reweigh data and other performance data; and looking at TSPs with three or more compliance issues and suspending or putting TSPs in non-use.
- As has been stated numerous times previously, the release of the Spread Date advisory is “imminent”
- J9 held two days of Non-Temp Storage briefings on updates to the NTS Tender of Service; Industry comments on the NTS TOS are due by 26 Mar.
- Danny Martinez was introduced as the new J9 Systems Division Chief. He will be responsible for the DPS Branch and MilMove Branch; and these branches continue to build their manpower. This is a promotion for Danny to GS-15; which is the highest civilian grade until you reach the Senior Executive Service (SES) grade…like Rick Marsh.
- Navy mentioned they are seeing that there are a lot of direct deliveries where industry is putting a note in DPS remarks stating when the shipment was delivered; but then not “delivering” the shipment in DPS. Delivering the shipment in DPS must be completed or the member can’t do a number of other things…complete the CSS, file a claim, etc.
- The Special Solicitation Traffic Distribution List Advisory for 2021 Rate Cycle was released; of note, it allows the service member to select a preferred TSP from those who competed in that SS channel.
- A “Third Party Declaration” Advisory was released along with a quick reference guide.