Resources & Publications
Our website communications, including IAMovers.org and the Annual Meeting website, strive to answer all members' questions about the Association and its products and services; provide industry news and a calendar of events; and up-to-date information about membership services.
As you go through the items listed here, one product we are very proud of is one that members also contribute to: the Shipper Guides. These country-specific customs guides are constantly updated, and much of the information comes from IAM’s Core Members Management Board and other members who inform us of changes in their areas of the world.
Write for The Portal
The Portal regularly builds issues around themes, some of which are suggested by IAM members. Past topics popular among our readers include Women in the Industry, Family-Owned Businesses, Couples in Charge, Member Milestones, Logistics, Containers and Packaging, and Travel Tips. Themes and submission guidelines for upcoming issues are announced in The Portal, via email, and on the website. We welcome your theme ideas and article submissions.
For announcements on upcoming themes to which you can contribute, sign up for IAM’s ePortal distribution list.
The Portal Magazine
Latest Issue: The Portal - Nov/Dec 2017
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Lots of Firsts ... and Maybe a Few Lasts
- IAM 55TH ANNUAL MEETING
- Thank-You to Our Sponsors • IAM 55th Annual Meeting Exhibitors
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Mixing It Up at the Federal Bar
- Military/Government Update
- Long Beach in Review / Charles L. White
- IAM Governing Member Profile: SHIPFR8
- IAM Looking Back
- DOD “Okinawa Trial” Type Procurement Competitive Rate Program / Rick Curry
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- Seattle’s Integral Role in Increasing International Migration / Jim Gaw
- Risk Management
- Cyber Risk in the Transportation Sector: An Evolving Threat / Dominic Keller
- Executive Suite
- The Portal Special Report: Focus on the Membership Directory / William Kohudic
- Networking in Long Beach / Daniele Piani
- Prohibited Activities in Switzerland
- Customer Complaints: How Does IAM Handle Them? / Brian Limperopulos
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC
Social media and mobile devices are the new normal. Are you ready?
Coming Up in The Portal
In every issue of The Portal, we invite our authors to share their experiences, success stories, learning experiences, and vision with others in the moving and forwarding industry. In addition to our regular columns, feature articles for each issue are united by a central theme.
Visit our Coming Up In The Portal page to read about upcoming themes and deadlines for the next issue of the magazine, and return often, as it will change regularly.
Our Guidelines for Submitting page details regular columns to which you may submit articles and news, as well as our submission guidelines and instructions.
Our Editorial Calendar will give you a glance further into the themes of future issues.
See All Issues