Country Guide: French Polynesia
Find movers in French Polynesia now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Packing List
- Copy of valid passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) (no express release) / AWB
- Original inventory in French, dated, valued, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Invoices for electrical / hi-fi appliances (must include any items bought less than 6 months prior to the shipment’s arrival)
- Resident / working permit / letter of employment
- Non-sale certificate
- The resident / working permit / letter of employment must explain that the owner of the goods is starting a new contract in French Polynesia.
- Every item that has been owned by the owner of the goods for less than 6 months is subject to tax based on CIF value.
- Telephone, telex, fax, and every kind of transmitter-receiver must have the EEC approval.
- These must all be submitted to an authorization in order to be used on the territory.
- The delay to obtain the shipment is about 2 days following the EEC approval.
- Without an authorization, Customs may destroy or dispose of the equipment.
- Original registration card
- Copy of the owner of the goods’ driver’s license
- Original purchase invoice
- Non-sale certificate
- EUR 1 if vehicle is of EU origins
- Contact destination agent for more details.
- The entry of pets and animals is very regulated.
- Contact destination agent prior to shipping pets / animals to French Polynesia.
- Firearms and ammunitions (must obtain special permit)
- Telephone, telex, fax, transmitter-receivers must have EEC approval in order to be used in French Polynesia.
- Firearms and ammunitions are submitted to authorization from the territorial administration.
- Unlawful drugs
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook Entry for French Polynesia
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.