Country Guide: The Bahamas
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original Passport with Entry Visa
- Packing list
- Inventory List
- Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear the shipment upon arrival
- Personal effects and household goods cna be imported duty-free under the primary condition: Household goods and personal effects are used and in reasonable quantities for personal use.
- Ownership Title
- Invoice (for recently purchased vehicles)
- Duties and taxes are value of $10,000 or less = 45% duty + 7% stamp tax, Value of $10,000-$20,000 = 50% duty + 7% stamp tax, Value of $20,000 or more = 65% +7% stamp tax
The requirements to transport dogs and cats may vary per country. If you wish to ship your pet, please contact the airline or country Consulate/Embassy for specific details concerning your type, breed, and documenation for pets.
- Plants (must be accompanied by a Health Certificate)
- Trailers and caravans
- Underwater guns (except for Hawaiian slings)
- Any articles that are contrary to Bahamian religious beliefs or morality
- Weapons and ammunition
- Fireworks and firecrackers
- Counterfeit currency
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.