Country Guide: The Bahamas
Find movers in The Bahamas now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original passport with entry visa
- Packing list
- Inventory list
- Letter authorizing destination agent to clear the shipment upon arrival
- Personal effects and household goods can be imported duty-free under the primary condition:
- Household goods and personal effects are used and in reasonable quantities for personal use.
- Ownership title
- Invoice (for recently purchased vehicles)
- Duties and taxes are as follows:
- Value of $10,000 or less = 45% duty + 7% stamp tax
- Value of $10,000-$20,000 = 50% duty + 7% stamp tax
- Value of $20,000 or more = 65% duty + 7% stamp tax
- The requirements to transport dogs and cats may vary per origin country.
- If you wish to ship your pet, please contact the airline or country consulate/embassy for specific details concerning your type, breed, and documentation for pets.
- Plants (must be accompanied by a health certificate)
- Trailers and caravans
- Underwater guns (except for Hawaiian slings)
- Any articles that are contrary to Bahamian religious beliefs or morality
- Weapons and ammunition
- Fireworks and firecrackers
- Counterfeit currency
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook Entry for The Bahamas
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.