Country Guide: Hungary
Find movers in Hungary now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Bill of lading (BL) / express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Resident permit / work permit / registration card / Hungarian ID
- Detailed inventory in English, dated, valued, signed by the owner of the goods
- Proof of living abroad a minimum of 1 year outside the European Union (company confirmation, utility bills, etc.)
- Bank guarantee, if applicable
- Imported items cannot be sold or leased.
- The shipment of used goods is duty free for non - citizens with a valid resident permit.
- If the resident permit is valid for less than 1 year, a bank guarantee is required for the amount of the duty and other applicable shipment costs.
- Original registration card
- Purchase invoice (must show purchase price and date of purchase)
- The duty rate on cars depends on the place of origin.
- The registration tax depends on the environmental class of the car plus a 27% value added tax.
- Health certificate
- Valid vaccination record
- Pets must be identifiable through tattoo or an electronic identification system.
- Pets may enter as checked baggage, as accompanied baggage, or as cargo.
- Firearms and ammunition (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Alcohol and spirits should be sent separately from the personal effects shipment and are subject to tax.
- Hunting weapons (authorization from the Ministry of Interior is required)
- The following household goods may be imported duty free within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), cigarillos (100), tobacco (500g)
- Unlawful drugs
- Explosive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.