Country Guide: Guinea - Bissau
Find movers in Guinea - Bissau now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / telex release / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list valued in Euros
- Purchase receipts / sales invoices
- Certificate of change of residence
- Transfer of employment from employer
- Detailed valued inventory in Euros, no-sale attestation
- Cargo tracking note
- Diplomatic exemption certificate from diplomatic organization
- Household effects and office equipment (Customs duties and tax are 41% of the declared value).
- Documents must be received by the destination agent at least 8 days prior to shipment arrival.
- Customs clearance takes approximately 10-30 days.
- Non-diplomats must pay Customs fees of approximately 40% of the declared value on the packing list; fees for returning citizens are dependent upon the duration of stay abroad.
- Diplomats must obtain a diplomatic card from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs prior to shipment arrival, which may take up to 30 days.
- Diplomats are exempt from duty payment but must pay tax of approximately 1.5% of the declared value on the packing list in Euros.
- Original title / registration
- Customs tax and duties are based on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF), year of manufacture and engine power of the vehicle.
- Veterinarian health certificate
- Rabies vaccination certificate from origin country
- Documents must be available upon arrival of the shipment to Guinea-Bissau.
- New household effects and office equipment (Customs duties and taxes are approximately 41% of the declared value on the packing list)
- Alcohol (2.5 L)
- Perfume (bottles must be previously opened and a reasonable quantity for personal use)
- Foreign currency (must be declared upon arrival and sums larger than USD 2 million require a bank transfer)
- Illegal drugs
- Firearms and weapons
- Medicines and controlled drugs
- Plants and plant products
- Indecent, obscene, or pornographic materials
- Deadly weapons
- Counterfeit / pirated items / currencies
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.