Country Guide: Democratic Republic of Congo
Find movers in Democratic Republic of Congo now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB) (2 copies)
- Packing list
- Detailed valued inventory in French, signed and dated by the shipper
- Work Permit issued by Ministry of Labor
- Certificate of First Settlement issued by Immigration Department
- Work Visa
- Fiche Electronique de Renseignements al I’Importation (FERI)
- Exemption Certificate, if applicable (Diplomats)
- Diplomatic shipments can be imported duty free provided that the Diplomatic Mission has received the Exemption Certificate from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- To apply for the exemption, original documents are needed including original AWB for air shipments to the destination agent at least 14 days prior to shipment arrival.
- All original documents must be received by agent at least 14 days prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Original Registration Card
- Copy of Purchase Invoice
- Non-sale Certificate
- Original Certificate of Title / Registration
- Original Invoice
- The taxes on motor vehicles depend on the age, weight, power etc. and range from 8% to 46% cost, insurance and freight (CIF).
- The OBL must show chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
- Certificate of Vaccination
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Import Permit
- The Veterinary Health Certificate must state the animals are free from ticks and have not been exposed to contagious diseases and must be issued within 15 days of import.
- An additional rabies certificate must prove vaccination against rabies more than 30 days but less than 1 year prior to arrival if an inactivated or Kelev vaccine was used or 36 months prior to departure if an avianized (Flury) was used; if an avianized vaccine was used, the certificate must be issued within 15 days prior to departure.
- Pets are subject to inspection upon arrival.
- Pets may enter as accompanied baggage or in cargo.
- The following items may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (100), cigars (50), tobacco (1/2 lb.)
- Alcoholic beverages (1 bottle)
- Perfume (a reasonable amount for personal use)
- Cameras (may be temporarily imported by tourists)
- Radios, tape recorders, record players (subject to duties)
- Satellite and radio communications equipment (authorization is required)
- Arms and ammunition (an Import License is required)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Alcohol (only “Fond de Cave”) is acceptable and is duty free (20 bottles)
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.