Country Guide: Morocco
Find movers in Morocco now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy Passport showing Entry Permit
- Packing list
- Certificate of Change of Residence (returning citizens; certificate must be stamped by the Moroccan Consulate in the country of departure)
- Original rated Bill of Lading (OBL) / Express Release / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory in French dated, valued and signed by the shipper
- Invoices for electrical, hi-fi appliances and items bought less than 6 months prior to import
- Resident Permit / Work Permit / Letter of Employment
- Salary advice for the last 2 years (returning citizens)
- Exemption Certificate, if applicable (returning citizens)
- Documents must be express mailed 15 days prior to shipment arrival to apply for any possible duty-free exemption.
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty free if they have been in the shipper`s possession and use for a minimum of 6 months and an Exemption Certificate has been obtained.
- Containers are systematically checked by Customs. Therefore, it is recommended that electrical household appliances are loaded at the doors of the container for easy access by Customs.
- Copy of Passport
- Original Registration Card
- OBL / Air Waybill
- The OBL must state the engine number, chassis number and weight of the vehicle.
- To avoid unnecessary delays and charges for demurrage and storage due to lengthy Customs procedures, documents must be received by agent at least 1 month prior to shipment arrival.
- Vehicles older than 5 years cannot be imported permanently but can enter the country for a period not to exceed 6 months. Exportation after the 6-month period is required.
- Diplomatic vehicles older than 5 months can be imported but must be exported upon the shipper’s departure from Morocco.
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Authorization from the Ministry of Health (birds)
- The Veterinary Health Certificate must be issued at the point of origin and issued within 10 days of import.
- The Vaccination Record must be issued within 6 months of arrival in Morocco.
- Authorization from the Ministry of Health is required for the importation of birds, including falcons and hawks.
- Firearms and ammunition (only smooth barreled hunting weapons are permitted but retained by Customs until a Firearm and Hunting Permit is obtained). For this reason, firearms and ammunition must be easily identifiable and placed near the doors of the container.
- Phones, answering machines and fax machines
- Unlawful drugs
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.