Country Guide: Russia
Find movers in Russia now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Telex release bill of lading (OBL) / copy air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory or pro-forma invoice
- Customs declaration form
- Letter of employment
- Copy of visa (accredited individuals)
- Copy of accreditation card (accredited individuals)
- Copy of diplomatic passport, diplomatic visa, and diplomatic card (diplomats)
- Customs declaration form (non-accredited individuals).
- Registration with the Federal Immigration Services (FMS) (non-accredited individuals)
- Power of attorney
- Customs duty is EUR 4/kg or 30% of the value (the higher will be taken) for all non-diplomatic shipments.
- Payments are done only with roubles (RUE) directly to the Federal Custom Service (FTS)
- All in-bound non-diplomatic shipments are subject to the payment of Customs duties and taxes calculated based on the costs, insurance, and freight (CIF) value of the shipment.
- All shipments are subject to issuance of a Customs declaration for each Harmonized System code (HS code).
- The cost of the Customs declaration will be determined during the Customs clearance process.
- The detailed inventory must include photographs and values for all objects of art.
- Inventory must include the value, dimensions, author, year / period of art, and materials used in all photos and artwork.
- The Customs declaration form is required for unaccompanied baggage that must be stamped and signed by Customs at the time of owner of the goods’ arrival (returning citizens only who apply for duty-free import).
- The power of attorney must be done at Russian notary.
- For diplomats the power of attorney must be on embassy letterhead.
- The letter of employment must be company letterhead to the Russian authorities.
- For diplomats the letter must be on embassy letterhead.
- The exchange rate is based on the Russian Central Bank the day of import clearance, so the owner of the goods has to pay more to prevent exchange difference.
- Payment to the Federal Custom Service takes about 3 - 4 working days.
- Original technical passport
- Telex release bill of lading / copy air waybill
- Original Customs declaration
- Pro-forma invoice
- Purchase document
- Employment confirmation letter (non-citizens)
- The Customs declaration is necessary to register the vehicle with the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- The temporary import of vehicles can be done only for foreign citizens and only for duration of the owner of the goods’ visa.
- No longer than 12 months.
- Certificate of vaccination
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pet passport
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued no more than 10 days within arrival of pet.
- Permission from the Veterinary Department of the Ministry of Agriculture is required for all animals except, cats, and dogs.
- Wine and spirits (2 L)
- Arms and ammunition
- Precious jewelry, stones, medicines, and currency can be imported only as accompanied baggage and must be declared with Customs authorities at the time of owner of the goods’ arrival.
- Weapons of all kinds
- Toxic and radioactive materials
- Flora and fauna objects
- Technical / receiving apparatus which operate with frequency higher than 9 KHz
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.