Country Guide: Swaziland
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of Passport showing the Entry Permit
- Packing list
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) - no Express Release Accepted / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Original inventory in English dated, valued and signed by the shipper
- Residence Permit / Work Permit
- CE 101 Form
- DA65 or NEP Form (returning citizens)
- There is no tax on used household goods and 14% charged on new goods.
- Citizens must have DA65 or NEP forms must complete upon departure from Swaziland for items without serial numbers for re-entry with those items; otherwise, the goods may be detained for proof of local purchase upon re-entry.
- Original Registration Card
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Purchase Invoice
- DA 304A Form
- Interpol Clearance
- Import Certificate
- If the vehicle has been owned and used by the shipper for more than 1 year, no duties are applicable; if not, then 14% will be levied.
- Only 1 car per shipper is allowed; additional cars will have duties levied on them.
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate (issued in the country of origin)
- Transit Permit
- Import Permit
- Pets must travel as manifested cargo.
- Documents must accompany pets.
- Vaccination Record must show pets vaccinated at least 30 days prior to import but not more than 6 months, issued in the country of origin.
- Veterinary Health Certificate must be signed, stamped, and dated within 5 days of import.
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the Firearms Licensing Board is required)
- Alcohol (1 bottle and duties of 14%)
- Cosmetic creams (registration with the Ministry of Health is required)
- The following items may qualify for free import:
- Cigarettes (400), cigars (50), tobacco (250 g)
- Perfume (10 fl. oz.)
- Unlawful drugs
- Local currency
- Potassium bromides
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.