Country Guide: Turkmenistan
Find movers in Turkmenistan now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Letter from Embassy to Customs Committee (Diplomats)
- Diplomatic Note approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Copy of Diplomatic Card (Diplomats)
- Pro-forma Invoice (foreigners and returning citizens)
- Letter of Employment (foreigners)
- Customs Declaration blank form (to be completed at Customs)
- Foreigners must pay USD 5 per hour for Customs service.
- Turkmen citizens are not permitted to import household goods and personal effects on a temporary import basis and must pay full Customs taxes and duties.
- A pre-alert with copies of all documents should be sent 10 days prior to the arrival of the shipment to avoid payment of heavy import duties.
- Permission of Operation Department of Ashgabad Customs Office
- Insurance documentation
- OBL / AWB
- Inspection by State Vehicle Inspection
- Receipt of plates from State Vehicle Inspection
- Driving manual for the vehicle
- Temporary / Permanent Import Declaration
- Permission from Transinspection (Diplomats and foreigners)
- Certificate of Standard of State (Diplomats and foreigners)
- Temporary Import Declaration (Diplomats and foreigners)
- The permanent importation of vehicles is subject to full Customs taxes and duties per fixed Customs tariff (foreigners).
- Vehicles can be imported on a temporary basis with a Customs duty payment of $25.00 + $5 per hour for Customs services (foreigners).
- The sale of a vehicle temporarily imported is restricted (foreigners).
- Certificate of Vaccination
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Permission from CITES is required for the importation of endangered species.
- Precious jewelry, stones and currency can be imported only as accompanied baggage and must be declared with Customs authorities at the airport.
- Wine and spirits for personal consumption (1L per person)
- The following items may be qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), cigarillos (100), tobacco (500 g)
- Amounts in excess of limits for free import are subject to duties and taxes as follows:
- US $ 1.00 per liter excise duty
- Up to 30% of value Customs duty (depending on the % of alcohol)
- 15% of the value of the value added tax (VAT)
- 0.2% of value Customs procedures duty
- Hunting weapons (authorization from the Ministry of Interior required)
- Weapons of all kinds
- Toxic and radioactive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.