Country Guide: Togo
Find movers in Togo now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list in French
- Change of residence certificate / letter of transfer of employment
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / no express release / air waybill (AWB) (2 originals)
- Original valued inventory in French, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Letter from the employer explaining the owner of the goods is starting a new contract in Togo
- Invoice for all electrical items less than 6 months old
- Resident permit / work permit / letter of employment
- Non-sale certificate (statement that owner of the goods will not sale his personal effects)
- Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC) / cargo tracking note (CTN) to be obtained from shipping line at port of loading
- All documents must be provided to agent 2 weeks prior to arrival of the shipment in order to obtain duty-free clearance in advance of shipment arrival.
- If the owner of the goods is a diplomat, there is no tax provided a waiver of duties and taxes from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is obtained.
- If an owner of the goods is a private / expatriate / returning citizen, Customs will levy 10.5 % duties and taxes on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value.
- All shipments are subject to inspection by Customs, including diplomatic shipments.
- Original registration card
- Purchase invoice
- Non-sale certificate
- The duty rates on motor vehicles are as follows:
- No taxes if diplomatic
- 54 % CIF if private shipper
- 2% if owner of the goods working for international organizations
- Vehicles should be sent in a separate container from the shipment.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued within 3 days prior to arrival and state that the animal is and has been free from contagious disease at least 6 weeks prior to departure from the origin country.
- Pets may be transported as accompanied baggage or cargo.
- An import license is required for animals arriving from certain countries; contact agent for specific information.
- Alcohol (only "Fond de Cave") is accepted (20 bottles)
- The following items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated by persons at least 15 years of age:
- Cigarettes (100), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), tobacco (100 g)
- Fruits and vegetables (a phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.