Country Guide: Zimbabwe
Find movers in Zimbabwe now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original Passport
- Packing list
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) - no Express Release / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Original valued inventory in English, dated and signed by the shipper
- Resident / Work Permit / Letter of Employment
- Resident / Work Permit / Letter of Employment must explain details of new contract in Zimbabwe.
- Goods should be only household goods and personal effects in order to be duty free.
- Transferees must be present during Customs clearance.
- Customs will inspect all shipments.
- Diplomats are exempt from duties.
- Diplomats and returning citizens who live 2 or more years abroad are exempt from duties.
- A Duty Exemption Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must be obtained for diplomatic shipments.
- Original Registration Card
- Certificate of Ownership
- Change of Residence Certificate
- Copy of Purchase Invoice
- Taxes on vehicle will depend on age, power, etc. (100% to 110% CIF).
- The OBL must show the chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
- Certificate of Vaccination
- Zimbabwe Veterinary Health Certificate
- Import License (from the Director of Veterinary Services)
- Permission from the Director of Veterinary Services is required prior to import.
- Plants and seeds and animals (Agricultural Certificate and Phytosanitary Certificate are required from the Embassy)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Wine and spirits (2 L)
- Cigarettes (200)
- Explosive materials
- Foreign soil
- Pornography, defamatory or obscene publications
- Cultural artifacts and other objects of cultural importance
- Palm tree and any products thereof
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.