Country Guide: Brunei Darussalam
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of Passport
- Residence Visa
- Detailed inventory
- Letter of Employment
- Original Bill of Lading Air (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Diplomatic Franchise (Diplomats)
- All shipments are subject to the payment of Customs duties.
- The shipper must be present for Customs clearance.
- Title / Registration
- Automobiles, motorcycles, lorries, omnibuses, (including mini buses, tractors and trailers require the approval of the Controller of Customs prior to import.
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Import License
- All pets are subject to quarantine. The length of time varies and depends on the country from which the animal is imported.
- The Import License must be obtained prior to import.
- The following items require the permission of the Controller of Customs:
- Live plants or plant materials
- Persian glue
- Rice paddy and products thereof
- Sugar and salt
- Converted timber
- Radioactive materials
- Cigarettes (200) and loose tobacco (250 g)
- The following items are dutiable:
- Coffee, roasted, non-roasted and instant
- Carpet and other textile floor coverings
- Wood and wood products
- Electrical items
- Musical instruments
- Jewelry, including imitation jewelry
- Cosmetics, perfumes, shampoo, etc.
- New items
- Arms and ammunition
- Illegal drugs
- Pigs imported from Thailand
- SALK polio vaccines
- Gambling devices
- JAVA sparrows
- Cigarettes without health warning imprinted on the package
- Vaccines of Chinese Taipei origin
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.
Helpful Website(s): http://www.bruneiembassy.org http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1073.html http://www.mof.gov.bn/English/RCE/CustomsMatters/CustomsProcedures/CustomTaxes/Pages/defau lt.aspx