Country Guide: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of Passport
- Detailed inventory list, dated and valued
- Apartment Rental Contract (minimum of 2 years)
- Proof that shipper has been abroad 1 year or more prior to the import shipment
- Employer’s Bank Guarantee
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Original Packing List
- Tax Exemption Certificate (issued by the Bosnian Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- For electrical appliances, product information such as serial number, type, make and model should be included on the inventory list.
- Original Vehicle Title
- Cars older than 7 years cannot be imported.
- Vaccination Record
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Veterinary Certificate
- Rabies Certificate
- Cats and dogs must be vaccinated for rabies at least 30 days but not more than 12 months prior to entry.
- Rabies Certificate must be attached to the Bosnia and Herzegovina Veterinary Certificate.
- Pets other than cats and dogs (e.g., birds, reptiles, small rodents, etc.) are not required to prove rabies vaccinations.
- A failure to comply with regulations may result in a refusal of entry, return home, placement in quarantine, or termination where a return to the country of origin cannot be arranged.
- Hunting weapons and ammunition (special permit required)
- Plant and plant products (permission from the Ministry of Agriculture required)
- Meat products (permission from the Ministry of Agriculture required)
- Weapons and ammunition
- Pornographic materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.