Country Guide: Belarus
Find movers in Belarus now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Residence permit
- Lease / purchase agreement
- Letter of employment
- Government permission for duty-free import
- Detailed inventory
- Pro-forma invoice
- Import declaration TD-4
- Diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Diplomatic / accreditation card (both sides) (diplomats with accreditation)
- Confirmation and authorization of embassy (diplomats with accreditation)
- Obligation to export all temporary assets (temporary residents only)
- All shipments are subject to duties and taxes according to the import declaration and are subject to inspection.
- Owners of the goods must present all documents personally.
- It is strongly recommended that all documents are detailed and accurate.
- All Customs duties and THC will be paid by the owner of the goods at the Customs office.
- All documents must be written in Russian or in English with the Russian translation, on company letterhead, signed, and stamped.
- The following persons may qualify for duty and tax free import:
- Foreigners with an accreditation card from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Persons granted free import by a government institution or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Persons sent abroad for employment purposed for at least 11 months (may request permission only once per year)
- Temporary residents with arranged export of assets
- Foreigners who have a by resident permit
- Persons who have received an inheritance in a foreign country
- Used household goods and personal effects shipments valued at 1000 EUR – 10000 EUR and a weight of 35 kg – 200 kg must pay duties of approximately 30% from the value or 2 EUR / kg, whichever is higher + duty-fixed taxes of approximately 35 EUR.
- Shipments of used household goods and personal effects with a value greater than 10000 EUR and a weight more than 200 kg must pay duties of approximately 60% from the value or 4 EUR kg, whichever is higher + a duty-fixed tax of approximately 35 EUR.
- Customs duties are paid according to the import declaration directly to the government.
- Title / registration
- Vehicles with more than 4 wheels cannot be imported.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued within 10 days prior to arrival.
- Pigeons cannot be imported.
- Flowers and their parts (permission is required)
- Musical instruments (2 photographs of each item required)
- Artwork and objects (2 photographs of each item require)
- Food items and alcohol must be in accompanied baggage
- Drugs / psychotropic drugs
- Subversive materials, including books, CDs, DVDs and cassettes
- Metals, including ore in bullion
- Radiation / ionizing EQ
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.