Country Guide: Armenia
Find movers in Armenia now!
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Letter of employment
- Detailed inventory, valued, and in English or Russian (non-diplomats, foreigners and returning citizens)
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Pro-forma invoice
- Transportation cost confirmation
- Copy of diplomatic card (diplomats)
- All inbound, non-diplomatic shipments are subject to the payment of Customs duties 4 EUR / 1 kg gross but not less than 30% of the CIF value.
- All inbound shipments are subject to the issuance of a Customs declaration for each harmonized system code (HS code); the cost of the declaration is USD 100 plus USD 15 for each additional page per HS code.
- Final amount of HS codes will be known after import / export Customs clearance completion.
- Temporary importation can be granted in different ways depending on the case.
- All electrical appliances that have serial numbers are subject to certification.
- The cost of certification is determined at the time of importation.
- OBL / AWB
- Original technical passport / title
- Pro-forma invoice
- Interpol document confirming that the car is not stolen
- Letter of free temporary import, granting permission for 12 months (foreigners temporarily importing a vehicle into Armenia)
- Vehicles are subject to Customs duties.
- The import duties and taxes for the cars depend on certain details of the car like model, year, power of engine, diesel / petrol, etc.
- Vaccination certificate
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pet passport
- Photos of the pet
- The veterinary health certificate must confirm that any imported animal is free from rabies and other diseases.
- Documents must accompany pets for entry.
- Permission from the Ministry of the Environment is required.
- Precious jewelry, stones, and currency may be imported only as accompanied baggage and must be declared with Customs at the time of arrival.
- Wine and spirits (total amount is 2 L per person)
- Weapons of all kinds
- Toxic materials
- Radioactive materials
- Food or fabrics made in Turkey
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other InformationCIA World Factbook Entry for Armenia
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.