Country Guide: Armenia
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa
- Letter of Employment
- Detailed inventory, valued and in English or Russian (non-Diplomats, foreigners and returning citizens)
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Pro-forma Invoice
- Transportation cost confirmation
- Copy of Diplomatic Card (Diplomats)
- All inbound, non-diplomatic shipments are subject to the payment of Customs duties of 32% of the CIF value.
- All inbound shipments are subject to the issuance of a Customs Declaration for each Harmonized system code (HS code); the cost of the declaration is USD 100 plus USD 15 for each additional page per HS code.
- Temporary importation can be guaranteed for up to 1 month only; longer time periods are not guaranteed, are time consuming and complicated.
- All electrical appliances that have serial numbers are subject to certification. The cost of certification is determined at the time of importation.
- OBL / AWB
- Original Technical Passport / Title
- Pro-forma Invoice
- Interpol document confirming that the car is not stolen
- Letter of Free Temporary Import, granting permission for 1 year (foreigners temporarily importing a vehicle into Armenia)
- Vehicles are subject to Customs duties of 32% of the cost, insurance and freight value (CIF) (does not apply to vehicles imported under temporary import).
- Vaccination Certificate
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Pet Passport
- Photos of the pet
- The Veterinary Health Certificate must confirm that any imported animal is free from rabies and other diseases.
- Documents must accompany pets for entry.
- Permission from the Ministry of the Environment is required.
- Precious jewelry, stones and currency may be imported only as accompanied baggage and must be declared with Customs at the time of arrival.
- Wine and spirits (total amount is 2 L per person)
- Weapons of all kinds
- Toxic materials
- Radioactive materials
- Food or fabrics made in Turkey
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.