Country Guide: Albania
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of Passport
- Detailed inventory list in Albanian, valued, dated and signed by the shipper
- Work certificate from shipper`s employer
- Copy of shipper`s employer identification number of taxable person (NIPT)
- Work Permit
- Residence Permit
- Authorization provided by shipper from the General Directory of Customs (Non-Diplomats)
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Copy of Diplomatic Passport (Diplomats)
- Copy of Diplomatic ID (Diplomats)
- Items on the detailed inventory should be listed per categories such furniture, clothes, books, etc.; for electrical appliances, include make, model and serial number.
- Authorization from the General Directory of Customs applies to non-Diplomats who apply for duty free customs of personal effects.
- Documents must be received by agent prior to import.
- Original vehicle documents (Title, invoices, registration, etc.)
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Vehicle must meet the European Technical Standard Requirements.
- Rabies Vaccination Certificate
- Veterinary Health Certificate (from origin country)
- The import of animals into Albania requires permission from the Albanian authorities; contact agent for additional information.
- Guns ammunition and explosives (police permit is required)
- The following household goods may be imported duty free by persons 18 years or older within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), tobacco (250 g)
- Spirits over 22% (1 L)
- Distilled wines and beverages (2 L)
- Still wine (2 L) o Perfume (50 g)
- Illegal drugs
- Radioactive items
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition
- Meat products
- Knives and deadly weapons
- Plant and plant material
- Animals (permission from Albanian authorities required)
- Counterfeit money and products
- Pornographic material
- Subversive materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.