Submit Your Story to The Portal
Next Issue: Movers Doing Good
Today, more than ever, movers are working with their communities to support those in need by providing vehicles and services to nonprofit organizations, hosting fundraisers for individuals and causes, and contributing in other creative ways.
The July/August issue of The Portal spotlights Movers Doing Good. We invite you to share your ideas and experiences with Portal readers. You can write an article about what your company is doing, or simply respond to a few questions so that we can incorporate your information into a larger staff-written overview article.
Here are a few things we're looking for:
- A brief description of your company: Name, location, the year it was established. (Don't forget to include your name and title at the company.)
- What activities are you engaged in to help others? Examples: providing personnel and vehicles to transport goods and supplies for charitable causes or events; logistic support after natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, etc.
- What caused you to become involved in those activities? (Example: an employee's child diagnosed with cancer; an overseas colleague's plea for post-disaster support, etc.)
- How many of your employees participate in these activities? What has been the impact on the organizations you support?
- Do you sponsor fundraisers (for example, golf tournaments, picnics, etc.)?
- What organizations benefit from your efforts? How much money have you raised for them?
- What effect have your activities had on employee morale? Do you pay employees for the time they spend on charitable causes, or do they donate their own time?
- Do you raise and donate money to organizations? Or are you more focused on encouraging employee engagement or providing the tools groups can use to raise funds on their own (example: buying and then loaning a barbecue truck or other equipment for organizations to use).
- What advice do you have for fellow IAM members who would like to make a difference? Do you have any creative ideas others may not have considered that you can share?
Before you submit:
- Make sure you include the company name, your name and title (especially important if you're attaching a word document).
- Be sure that any photos you provide are high-resolution digital photos; cell phone photos tend to be too low-resolution to reproduce well in print.
- If you send photos, be sure to include a caption, including identities of company employees being depicted.
- Finally, don't forget to include an e-mail address for someone we can contact if we have any questions.
Send your submissions to: