YP Newsletter - March 2016
In this Issue:
- Mark Your Calendars Now Before Setting Meetings: IAM-YP Schedule at the IAM Annual Meeting
- Save Some Money at the Annual Meeting!
- 5 Myths About Millennials in the Workplace
- Free Money for Students in Our Industry
- Last Call to Pay Membership Invoices
Mark Your Calendars Now Before Setting Meetings: IAM-YP Schedule at the IAM Annual Meeting
Friday October 21, 2016
- 11:45am- 12:30pm YP First-Time Attendee Meeting
- 12:30pm-3:30pm IAM-YP Team Building
- 5:30pm-7:00pm IAM-YP Welcome Reception
Saturday October 22, 2016
- 3:15pm-4:30pm IAM-YP Members Meeting
Sunday October 23, 2016
- 10:30am-12:00pm Mentor Match Meetup
- 9pm-2am IAM-YP Social Mixer
*This is only a tentative schedule, some events may be subject to change.
Save Some Money at the Annual Meeting!
IAM-YP Members will receive a discount of $120 during IAM's 54th Annual Meeting & Expo Early Bird registration. The discount code will be sent out in mid-May and will only be valid during early bird registration.
5 Myths About Millennials in the Workplace
According to Fortune Insiders, these are the five most common misconceptions of millenials in the workplace. To read the entire article visit Fortune's website here.
- Millennials' career goals and expectations are different from those of older generations.
- Millennials want constant acclaim and think everyone on the team should get a trophy.
- Millennials are digital addicts who want to do - and share - everything online, without regard for personal or professional boundaries.
- Millennials, unlike their older colleagues, can't make a decision without first inviting everyone to weigh in.
- Millennials are more likely to jump ship if a job doesn't fulfill their passions.
Free Money for Students in Our Industry
The deadline to apply for a $5,000 scholarship from the Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund (AFWSF) is approaching soon on May 1, 2016.
Eligibility requirements and an application for the Scholarship can be found on the program's website.
Spread the word to others who may benefit!
Last Call to Pay Membership Invoices
2016 Invoices were sent out December 8, 2015. Ensure that your invoice has been paid so that your company will be included in the downloadable directory. Payments can be made through the IAM website.