Unlocking Millennial Talent
Many of you are now ascending in your career where you have employee working for you or even a whole staff. Hiring the right people is tough and motivating may be even harder. Learn more about how to "unlock millennial talent at work" by reading the white paper
from acclaimed speaker Jason Dorsey
and the Center for Generational Kinetics.While most of us are millennials, this paper provides a good window into what drives and motivates this generation at work.
Young Movers Conference
The program for the 2016 Young Movers Conference has been published. The YMC will be held in Madrid, Spain May 5-7 at the Melia Castilla Hotel
. Conference highlights include:
- Opening Cocktail Reception
- Networking and Teambuilding Activities
- Closing Night Gala
- Education Sessions:
- Technological Solutions for the Moving Industry
- The Spirit of Berlin - Driver-less Vehicle Challenge
Call for Articles on IAM Dynasties
Is your family-owned business now being run by the third or later generation of leaders? If so, IAM invites you to submit your perspective on what it means to be an IAM Dynasty and how this family succession has led to a successful business.
We would like to know:
- When was your company founded, and by whom?
- To whom have leadership responsibilities passed since its founding? How many generations in the family have run the company?
- How have the descendants been prepared to become leaders? For example, did the owner's children work at the company after school and on weekends? Were they exposed to all aspects of the company? Did their education focus on business, economics and other disciplines offering a broad foundation for their future role?
- Over the years, have the younger generations chosen this role for themselves, or was it expected of them?
- How many family members now work for the company?
- What are your company's succession plans for the future? Is there a new generation waiting in the wings to take over?
Please send your submission by Monday, February 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship
The Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund (AFWSF) is now accepting applications for its Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship
Program. For information on eligibility requirements or to apply please visit program's page on our website
. Don't wait too long, the deadline to apply is May 1st.
Hall of Honor
IAM is now accepting nominations for the IAM Hall of Honor
Class of 2016. The HoH recognizes unique individuals whose careers reflect exceptional and distinguished service to their companies or the Association, or who have worked to elevate the Industry as a whole. The HoH nomination form
is available online on the IAM website
, with full instructions on completing and submitting a nomination. Nominations must be received no later than April 1.
Pay Your Dues Now So Your Membership Benefits Continue Without Interruption
Dues renewal notices have already gone out. Stay ahead of the game and avoid cancellation