IAM President Terry Head talks about his vision for the association and the many resources available to members.
Charlie Homma, of Pacific Link International in Yokohama Japan, sums up the impressions of most members who attend, exhibit and sponsor at IAM annual meetings: “I have been coming to IAM Annual Meetings since 2004. Many people come here wanting to find a good agent, to establish and maintain relationships. It is very good for our company.” Watch our video to hear what other attendees have to say about IAM's annual meetings.
IAM Fast Facts
- Terry Head is the third President in the Association’s history, appointed in 1997.
- In 2000, the IAM Young Professionals Group is formed.
- The Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund is established in 2002
- Georgia Angell (Cartwright Companies) is the first woman elected Chair of the Association, in 2003. She served for five years.
- The Hall of Honor inducts its first class of industry leaders, including Association founders, in 2008.
- In 2009, the Association changes its name from Household Good Forwarders Association of America, to the International Association of Movers.
- In 2012, the Association celebrates its 50th Anniversary.