IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
FMCSA posts clearinghouse rule
Four years after the U.S. Congress called for a national clearinghouse of truck driver drug and alcohol violations, the FMCSA on Monday will publish the final rule that establishes the database. The purpose of the central repository is to prevent CDL holders with positive test results from moving to different states where the records would not follow them.
Airlines' group criticises Frankfurt Airport fees increase
Airlines have slammed a decision to raise the charges for carriers using Frankfurt airport (FRA) in Germany at a time when rival European hubs are lowering their pricing structures.
French: Lingua Franca
French is currently ranked sixth among world languages, after Mandarin Chinese, English, Spanish, Hindi and Arabic. But it is gaining speakers quickly and, the study reports, will be spoken by 750 million in 2050, up from 220 million today.
CargoLogicAir and ABC end African operation
UK-based freighter operator CargoLogicAir (CLA) and AirBridgeCargo (ABC) have ended their scheduled operation between Europe and Africa after less than seven months. Speaking to Russian Aviation Insider, ABC general director Sergey Lazarev said the airline had decided to end the operation it ran through a CLA Boeing 747 freighter because of weakness in the African market.
Port of Montreal inaugurates new container terminal
Canadian government officials last week marked the inauguration of a new container terminal at the Port of Montreal in the Viau sector. The new container terminal will boost the port's handing capacity by 450,000 20-foot equivalent units (TEUs), according to a press release issued by port officials.
The Portal's Sep/Oct Issue: IAM 54th Annual Meeting
PORTAL FOCUS: IAM 54th ANNUAL MEETING
- HEADLINES / Terry R. Head
- Sell or Cell: How’s That Spelled?
- Meet the Candidates
- IAM By-Law Amendments and/or Revisions
- Notice of Proposed IAM-YP By-law Amendments and/or Revisions
- Knowledge Lab: Tentative Schedule
- Knowledge Lab Presenters
- The Future Foretold
- IAM Hall of Honor Inductees
- Parades and Food ... and All That Jazz
- IAM Annual Meeting Exhibitors
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update / Charles L. White
- TRENDS IN MARKETING & MESSAGING
- From “First Date” to Customer for Life / Joyce Dexter
- FIDI’s Focus on Content / Jesse Van Sas
- Modern Communication Tools That Can Help Your Business Grow / Maia Marchionatto
- Engage the Customer to Close the Sale / Nikhil Ohri
- Portal to Asia / Rob Faraone
- Risk Management
- The Insurance Act of 2015: What Does it Mean? / John Luker
- Trade Credit Insurance: Who Needs It and How It Works / Kelly Moran
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- You May Need to be Registered or Licensed with the FMC / Brian Limperopulos
- C-TPAT: The Value of the “P” / Laura May Carmack
- IAM Looking Back
- Landmark Decision: ICC Approves Operations of Exempt Freight Forwarders / Rick Curry
- Executive Suite
- Know the Legalities of Your Business and Industry / Ajithkumar
- Movers Doing Good