IAM Membership: Moving Forward, Together
The International Association of Movers represents more than 2,000 companies in over 170 countries. More than movers, these companies are partners and innovators in the delivery of moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics and related services. IAM affiliation increasingly signifies strength, trust, diversity, ethics, reliability and accountability.
Swedish Movers Federation celebrates their 70th anniversary
The Swedish Movers Federation (SMF) celebrated their 70th anniversary (SMF members SBK Moving’s regional office) on Wednesday 4th of May – Sunday 8th of May 2016 in Cannes. SMF Consists of 79 people, from 22 member-companies.
Brexit and its impact on the Eurpean Union/Where do we go now?
Since the outcome of the Brexit vote that took place on the 23rd June, much speculation on the future of the European Union has been made. The biggest question being a general one “What now?” Indeed, what would happen with the UK? It is clear that despite what the pro Brexit advocated, the separation will be a slow one. How will this be done?
Investor action could spell the end for Rickmers Maritime
Rickmers Trust Management, the Singapore-listed trustee-manager of Rickmers Maritime, has announced that it has been served with a “notice of acceleration” today by law firm Rajah & Tann, claiming to be acting for more than 25% of holders of its S$100m 8.45% notes due in May 2017.
Expanded Panama Canal not affecting Port of Oakland business
Bigger ships may be using the newly widened Panama Canal, but they’re not bypassing Oakland to get there. The Port of Oakland said that wider canal locks have not dented its business.
Cosco Shipping Signs $738 Million Deal to Expand U.A.E. Port
Cosco Shipping Co., a unit of China’s biggest shipping group, agreed to build and operate a new container terminal in Abu Dhabi, securing a foothold in the Persian Gulf with a $738 million deal that would more than double cargo-handling capacity at Khalifa port.
The Portal's Jul/Aug Issue: Odd Jobs
- The Call of the Wild and the Weird: IAM Members Step Up and Deliver / Joyce Dexter
Companies featured: Crown Worldwide • Transclal Fine Arts Ltd. • Italian Moving Network Inc. s.r.l. • Move One • Felix Relocations (M) Sdn Bdh Malaysia • Matco Moving Solutions • Interstate Moving | Relocation | Logistics • Graebel Van Lines
- IAM Young Professionals (IAM-YP)
- Military/Government Update
- Roller Coaster 2016 Peak Season / Charles L. White
- Portal to Asia
- AmCham’s ASEAN Business Outlook / Rob Faraone
- IAM Looking Back
- 1962–1963: The Formative Years / Rick Curry
- Maritime/Ocean Shipping
- Clarifying Current FMC Licensing Requirements
- Executive Suite
- The Legal Thing vs. The Right Thing: The Role of Ethics in Your Business / Joyce Dexter
- Under-Promise, Over-Deliver: A Strategy for Managing Expectations / Ajithkumar
- Talking Politics at Work Poses Risks to Employers and Employees / Derrick Perkins
- Movers Doing Good
- Washington Update / Jim Wise and Bryan Vickers, PACE, LLC